Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA J Class Pajamas & Knitwear

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, if the rent is free, then you can rent it forever... I think the Japanese and Chinese sites actually say "lending"
Old Aug 7, 2018, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by username
Well, if the rent is free, then you can rent it forever... I think the Japanese and Chinese sites actually say "lending"
The Japanese site uses the term 貸し出しサービス

You could the same way argue that it could be an indefinite loan, as well as you could argue that you rent it forever.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 5:29 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
If you are willing to test today, please let me know.
Judging from the Japanese culture, I don't think crew members strongly demand the return of pajama on ANA or cardigan on JAL from the customers.
Well, I had a NH FA stand by my J seat and request my J pajamas to be returned! She wasn't leaving empty handed!!

Fortunately I had a set at home from a previous NH flight.

Last edited by roberto99; Sep 4, 2018 at 6:43 pm Reason: spelling error
Old Aug 7, 2018, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by roberto99
Well, I had a NH FA stand by my J seat and request my J pajamas o be returned! She wasn't leaving empty handed!!

well, that's a surprise. It's gonna be next year that I get to fly NH J but I will try.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Well, I had a NH FA stand by my J seat and request my J pajamas o be returned! She wasn't leaving empty handed!!

Was this the knit cardigan or the blue PJ set (or both)? And @CPH-Flyer, were you able to test? Think knit cardigan is hard to keep, but PJs you may have a chance?

Last edited by hardworking21; Aug 7, 2018 at 11:58 pm Reason: Emjoi didn't load - made updates.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by hardworking21
Was this the knit cardigan or the blue PJ set (or both)? And @CPH-Flyer, were you able to test? Think knit cardigan is hard to keep, but PJs you may have a chance?
They did not say much when handing them out, and they did not actively collect them. But people close to me did leave them on the seat. I forgot to check if there was a "property of JAL". tag in collar. Will check when I fly back home.

I did not try to take mine off the plane.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by hardworking21
It was the blue PJ set that is pictured in my first post in this thread.

I have no need for anything knit on Japanese carriers as I prefer a cool cabin.

Old Aug 8, 2018, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The Japanese site uses the term 貸し出しサービス

You could the same way argue that it could be an indefinite loan, as well as you could argue that you rent it forever.
Oh no. If someone lends you something, you need to give it back timely. If someone rents you something at 0, you can rent forever
Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by username
Oh no. If someone lends you something, you need to give it back timely. If someone rents you something at 0, you can rent forever
I guess that depends on the terms stated at the time of the rental or the lending D
Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Ah, good to know. Curious if anyone else has successfully been able to wear + keep the blue PJ set.

It was the blue PJ set that is pictured in my first post in this thread.

I have no need for anything knit on Japanese carriers as I prefer a cool cabin.

Old Aug 10, 2018, 7:38 am

BTW, the blue PJ's are NOT soft and cozy like most airline PJ's are. They're fairly stiff until washed at home several times.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

BTW, the blue PJ's are NOT soft and cozy like most airline PJ's are. They're fairly stiff until washed at home several times.
Good to know - sounds like I'll stick with my CX F and EVA J pajamas then. Sad - but not a dealbreaker
Old Aug 14, 2018, 7:06 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
They gave me a cardigan and never asked for it back. Very soft and cozy, but for an oversized white dude it's a tiny lil thing.
hardworking21 likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA1K
I was on the redeye HND-SIN two nights ago and the FA proactively offered me the blue PJ set to wear, so I took her up on the offer figuring that I would get to keep these at the end of the flight. I based that on the fact that since PJ's are an article of skin-contact clothing worn by someone else, and even if it is laundered, surely they would not be reused, and if the passenger asked to keep them, they would oblige. Well, that was not the case; the FA requested that they be returned even though I asked if they could be kept at the end of the flight.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:35 am

ANA FAs are like the soup nazi when it comes to getting the pajamas back!
Guess under strict orders from management to get those back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.