Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrading my parents to biz

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Upgrading my parents to biz

First of all, sorry if this is a very stupid question.

Second (rant): it is crazy how expensive is it to fly ANA from Japan while doing the same from Europe is so cheap... anyway:

The next Golden Week I want my parents to come to Japan (first time) and since I have ANA miles and upgrade points I was thinking about booking their ticket with ANA. Valencia to Tokyo (April 27th to May 6th).

I have attached the list that the ANA website displays and I have a couple of questions:

Valencia to Tokyo is fine as it shows that from Düsseldorf there is a possibility to upgrade. Questions: can I use my miles and/or upgrade points to upgrade my parents? It shows wait-listed, when does it clear? Will it clear?

Problem is the return trip doesn't show any flight eligible to upgrade. Am I doing something wrong or this is normal?

Thank you!
Attached Images  
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:16 am

Programs: ANA: SFC / Marriott: Platinum Elite / Hilton: Diamond
I don't think you're doing anything wrong in your search process; it's just too late to find availability. These long-haul flights usually have only two J award seats released right at the start, so if one is snapped up you're out of luck. But looking at those dates for NRT only and single passenger, there is availability, which would suggest that a single passenger beat you to it. If you split your parents up on the return and have one return on the monday, there is availability.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Originally Posted by Torode
I don't think you're doing anything wrong in your search process; it's just too late to find availability. These long-haul flights usually have only two J award seats released right at the start, so if one is snapped up you're out of luck. But looking at those dates for NRT only and single passenger, there is availability, which would suggest that a single passenger beat you to it. If you split your parents up on the return and have one return on the monday, there is availability.
I see! thank you for the advice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.