Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F Menu and Meals

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:44 pm

NH012 NRT-ORD

As mentioned in my other post, service on the return flight was just outstanding. We went with the Western menu this time, and both of us wished we would have done so on the previous flight.

Krug #1 (special cuvee)

Krug 2004

Can you have too much Krug?

The table beautifully presented

perfection!

snow crab with jerusalem artichoke and tomato balsamic

corn soup. I loved this, but my husband did not. There was also a salad but that was boring.

Saga waygu. yes please.

cooked perfectly!

port bottle

port

wonderful cheese plate - the blue stilton was a standout.

The *star*

special edition ballantines for my whisky tasting, courtesy of our FA

excessive?

nah.

This RAMEN. so good.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO; DL GLD
Great report, jmj10. I’m interested in why you did the Western meal on your Japan to US leg and the Japanese meal US-Japan leg. I’m doing my first RT in ANA first in March ex-IAH and was planning on Western meal from Houston and Japanese meal ex-NRT. Definitely open to thoughts/suggestions.

Last edited by Kent; Dec 4, 2018 at 9:51 pm
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Kent, have the Japanese meal departing Japan if you are only going to have it in one direction.
Kent likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by Kent
Great report, jmj10. I’m interested in why you did the Western meal on your Japan to US leg and the Japanese meal US-Japan leg. I’m doing my first RT in ANA first in March ex-IAH and was planning on Western meal from Houston and Japanese meal ex-NRT. Definitely open to thoughts/suggestions.
To be honest, it's because we spent 18 days in Japan and were a little overdone on Japanese food at that point! We did the Japanese on the way out because we were so excited - and it was still very, very good! The Western was just outstanding. I truly do not think you can go wrong. Enjoy your trip, ANA was definitely special.
Kent and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by jmj10
To be honest, it's because we spent 18 days in Japan and were a little overdone on Japanese food at that point! We did the Japanese on the way out because we were so excited - and it was still very, very good! The Western was just outstanding. I truly do not think you can go wrong. Enjoy your trip, ANA was definitely special.
Thanks for the great photos in both this thread and the other, jmj10! Food looks ok, but I think JAL has the advantage. Debating whether to take an ANA F segment or CX J (plus stopover in Hong Kong).
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
When do they usually post the updated online menu and drinks for the next 3 month period?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mjrobson
When do they usually post the updated online menu and drinks for the next 3 month period?
About half a month before the period starts.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:37 pm

Fingers crossed the Hibiki 21 makes a return.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
It seems a batch was released towards the end of the year, late December many shops in Japan suddenly had both the 17 and 21. So I would guess ANA would have stocked as well.
Kent and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Lentibear
About half a month before the period starts.
Thanks!

Me too - I have ORD - NRT in F in April!
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It seems a batch was released towards the end of the year, late December many shops in Japan suddenly had both the 17 and 21. So I would guess ANA would have stocked as well.
Tremendous news. First time in ANA F and first time in Tokyo coming up in March. Any shops in particular you would highly recommend for buying a special bottle or two to take home? Staying at Hoshinoya but will be travelling all over the city. I appreciate it.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tremendous news. First time in ANA F and first time in Tokyo coming up in March. Any shops in particular you would highly recommend for buying a special bottle or two to take home? Staying at Hoshinoya but will be travelling all over the city. I appreciate it.
The shops I usually go to already seem to be out of stock again. The thread below is probably the best bet for finding availability

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan/1592354-consolidated-buy-whiskey-japan-thread-haneda-narita-duty-free-whiskey.html
Kent likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 11:28 pm

What's so special about the Hibiki 21?
I dont drink but just curious why are people so interested in it.

tks
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HawaiiO
What's so special about the Hibiki 21?
I dont drink but just curious why are people so interested in it.

tks
I am not too much of a whiskey drinker, but I understand it is regarded relatively highly. But I think the main part of the hype is based on the scarcity of the supply, and the consequences that has on the price.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:55 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I am not too much of a whiskey drinker, but I understand it is regarded relatively highly. But I think the main part of the hype is based on the scarcity of the supply, and the consequences that has on the price.
Or because it’s really good

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.