Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F Menu and Meals

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2017, 11:12 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
F Menu and Meals

NH 5 LAX-NRT May 2017

PART 1

Menu and my selections.

Overall presentation and service were impeccable. The food was excellent although the beef meal could have been heated longer.

Attached Images           

Last edited by 24left; Jun 8, 2017 at 11:17 pm
Old Jun 8, 2017, 11:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

NH 5 LAX-NRT May 2017

PART 2

Menu and my selections.

Attached Images         
Old Jun 8, 2017, 11:54 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

NH 8 NRT-SFO May 2017

While the meals items on NH5 were excellent, I have to say that the meal items I selected on NH 8 were absolutely outstanding.

The appetizer with the caviar on the side, most notable was the presentation along with the piece of salted lemon.

The beef was spectacular.

The cheese plate was brilliantly creative with the cheese and was great

The cherry blossom cake dessert was fantastic.

Attached Images           
Old Jun 16, 2017, 1:11 pm

excellent post. Thank you so much for sharing.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 12:31 am

Programs: AC E75K
Incredible!
Old Feb 28, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
About the beef...

deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 3:31 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:12 pm

U didnt get the Japanese meal?
The horrors!

Looks good in the pics.
Thanks!
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:18 pm

Programs: aeroplan
Meals looks amazing. I thought caviar was no longer served except as garnish?
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:25 am

I recently booked NH105 LAX -> HND and didn't realize that ANA doesn't serve full dinners on red-eyes even for international first class. Did I make a huge blunder or am I not going to miss much? Anyone taken this specific flight? I was so looking forward to trying out all those stunning dishes too
Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by YVR_Traveller
I recently booked NH105 LAX -> HND and didn't realize that ANA doesn't serve full dinners on red-eyes even for international first class. Did I make a huge blunder or am I not going to miss much? Anyone taken this specific flight? I was so looking forward to trying out all those stunning dishes too
You are kind of missing out on the meals. Though originating in the US the Japanese meals are not quite what they are originating in Japan The late night departures has the timing benefit of arriving rested in the morning in Japan.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
You are kind of missing out on the meals. Though originating in the US the Japanese meals are not quite what they are originating in Japan The late night departures has the timing benefit of arriving rested in the morning in Japan.
Yeah, that kind of sucks but other than the dinner meal, everything else should be the same right? We do arrive around 5 AM which is kind of too early for us. I guess it will give us time to check out the early morning Tsukiji markets.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Yeah, that kind of sucks but other than the dinner meal, everything else should be the same right? We do arrive around 5 AM which is kind of too early for us. I guess it will give us time to check out the early morning Tsukiji markets.
It will be too late for the tuna auction, but the whole seller market opens to visitors at 9:30 . But you can always go to the outer market for some super fresh sushi.

The rest of the services should basically be the same.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:27 pm

Same boat here. I believe we still get the breakfast though? But the timing is great for a flight as it's a red-eye and you get to Tokyo at Haneda which is much closer than NRT. On top of that, you get there before rush hour and have a whole day to spend.

I plan on doing a light dish and ordering at least one glass of Hibiki Whisky before dozing off.

I'm assuming you got F on the return back to LA? If so, you'll still get that dinner!
Old Mar 26, 2018, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by stillmatic
Same boat here. I believe we still get the breakfast though? But the timing is great for a flight as it's a red-eye and you get to Tokyo at Haneda which is much closer than NRT. On top of that, you get there before rush hour and have a whole day to spend.

I plan on doing a light dish and ordering at least one glass of Hibiki Whisky before dozing off.

I'm assuming you got F on the return back to LA? If so, you'll still get that dinner!
Yup, still get breakfast but I heard it isn't anything special compared to the dinner?

Yeah, the schedule is great, I'll definitely be well-rested by the time I arrive at HND but then again, I just feel like sleeping all flight on such a beautiful F cabin is such a waste. I would much prefer staying awake the whole time to enjoy everything the cabin has to offer!

Haha, the Hibiki whiskey was also one of the main selling points for booking this flight.

I'm actually flying OZ F back to LA, couldn't secure NH availability for the return but I'm also excited to try another F product! I heard OZ F was also great.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 5:48 pm

Yup, still get breakfast but I heard it isn't anything special compared to the dinner?

Yeah, the schedule is great, I'll definitely be well-rested by the time I arrive at HND but then again, I just feel like sleeping all flight on such a beautiful F cabin is such a waste. I would much prefer staying awake the whole time to enjoy everything the cabin has to offer!

Haha, the Hibiki whiskey was also one of the main selling points for booking this flight.

I'm actually flying OZ F back to LA, couldn't secure NH availability for the return but I'm also excited to try another F product! I heard OZ F was also great.

Well I doubt you will sleep the entire time! It is a good 11+ hour flight. If only they had a shower on the plane as well, I'd really be able to hit the ground running once landing in Tokyo haha. That reminds me, I should look into an arrival lounge. Also, I've heard great things about OZ's product - should be a great experience! Enjoy your upcoming trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.