Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F Menu and Meals

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2018, 8:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Is the wagyu/kobe/miyazaki beef served by ANA First Class flights ex-Tokyo as good as the one served by JAL ?
Old Jun 23, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by NoTravelIsFree
Meals looks amazing. I thought caviar was no longer served except as garnish?
same question here, booked in feb for 2 first IAD to Narita...served separate is great, but is the combination a great taste?
Old Jun 23, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Just came back from NRT-IAH 6/19 and that 1983 miyazaki caviar was served with the appetizer of smoked cuttlefish and eggplant tartar curry.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Is the wagyu/kobe/miyazaki beef served by ANA First Class flights ex-Tokyo as good as the one served by JAL ?
Never had JAL beef but the miyazaki fillet served was fork tender and the brown sauce was really good.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Several years ago I had a Wagyu steak in NH F ORD-NRT. It was the best steak I've ever eaten; and I've never forgotten it.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
NH175 LAX-NRT June 2018

This was my first time on ANA F, and the experience certainly ranks up there as one of my best flights ever, starting with the unbelievable service, food, seat comfort, and of course the fact that this was my own private charter as I was the only one in F!

You can download the food menu here.

On the ground, pre-departure beverage. A very respectable Champagne, but not the Krug they serve in the air. Like many airlines, it seems NH refuses to serve the good stuff on the ground to avoid paying duties. As an aside, LX has no problem breaking the Laurent-Perrier Grand Siècle at the gate on ex-USA flights…Yes, yes this is really a first world problem!

Once airborne, showtime, ANA F style. A nice pour of the Krug 2004 Vintage:

Amuse bouche... And my own bottle of Krug...

I decided to go all-in and try the full Japanese meal.

Zensai, a selection of morsels...

Delicious clear soup with produce:

A selection of sashimi:

Main course, King Salmon, accompanied with simmered eel, abalone and shrimp. I tried everything (even if some things looked a little strange for my North American palate, and all of it was delicious.

A sake tasting at 35,000 ft? Sure, I can oblige!

The one on the left was the clear winner.

Just when I thought I couldn’t take it anymore, the ISM appeared with the two starters from the Western menu, foie gras with oxtail and avocado crabcake. Who was I to deny such a tempting offer?

Oh yeah, and why not a side of caviar to go with this, please.

OK, I think I’m pretty full now.

Oh, they have Hibiki 21 Japanese Whisky, a rare bottle that retails for over 500 USD (if you can find it!)? Maybe I’ll have a sip or two...

Now this is just pure gluttonery. Hazelnut tart with vanilla and banana ice cream.

Petit fours to end this 3 hour food orgy.

OMG. What an incredible experience and I was blown away by the food quality, presentation and attentive service. It was over the top, but still very classy and understated as only the Japanese can manage.

Well done, ANA, I'll be back for sure. ^
chrisny2, Sealink, royng and 5 others like this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 6:34 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy something
Nice report! I missed the switch from Krug Grand Cuvee to the 2004 vintage. Next ANA F fligth is upcoming in November and definitely looking forward to trying.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I love NH F. Have one coming up at the end of the month, NRT-ORD.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Grapenut
Nice report! I missed the switch from Krug Grand Cuvee to the 2004 vintage. Next ANA F fligth is upcoming in November and definitely looking forward to trying.
Husband and I have our first ANA F experience in November as well (anniversary trip to Japan), ORD-HND and NRT-HND. We were so excited to see the menu's for our trip posted!
Old Aug 6, 2018, 3:03 pm

Nice photos! ANA food looks better than I was expecting, although I feel that JL F still has the edge.

Is ANA catering consistently good, or is it better ex-LAX or ex-JFK as opposed to, say, IAD or IAH? Is it better when departing from Japan vs. departing from the States?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:11 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
I'm sad to see that Hibiki 21 has been replaced by Hibiki 17 for Dec-Feb menu Hopefully it's a mistake and they find a few bottles before my February trip.
chrisny2 and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by bigshooter
I'm sad to see that Hibiki 21 has been replaced by Hibiki 17 for Dec-Feb menu Hopefully it's a mistake and they find a few bottles before my February trip.
me too on the 5th
Old Dec 3, 2018, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by bigshooter
Unlikely, I think this is driven by availability. A hope can be that another batch of bottles is being released in 2019, which will allow it to return to the menu eventually. The bottles are getting more and more scarce as the popularity around the world grows.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy something
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Unlikely, I think this is driven by availability. A hope can be that another batch of bottles is being released in 2019, which will allow it to return to the menu eventually. The bottles are getting more and more scarce as the popularity around the world grows.
Isn't 17 technically more scarce than 21 at this point since it has been discontinued? That is the confusing thing to me.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:29 pm

NH111 ORD-HND
More details on the actual trip can be found in the First Square forum - but enjoy the food! I have pictures of the menu as it is different as of December 1st, but I'll only post the sections that explain the food I ordered. If anyone is interested of the rest of the menu, please let me know. As stated in the other thread, we enjoyed this trip but were absolutely WOWED on the return flight. For example, bottles weren't presented on the way out and I had some really lovely sake that I should have gotten a photo of!

The service was still wonderful - this flight crew was very well-versed in the Japanese menu and sake/sochu selections, that was certain. There was a bit of a language barrier on this flight that we didn't experience on the return flight, just as an FYI.

Not Krug

Krug 2004

Japanese menu

Zensai

Sakizuke

Owan

Otsukuri (seared bonito)

Takiawase

Kobachi

Ramen - it was good, but I enjoyed the one on the return trip more

Shusai

Anniversary treat

Hibiki 21 and Wagashi. Interestingly enough, we were not asked what we wanted for dessert. I would have liked to have tried the pear flavored Japanese mousse, which is what was listed.
IndyHoosier likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.