Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex transfer to ANA taking longer?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Another datapoint transferred early afternoon Monday and they appeared around 8am est Wednesday ... not bad at all
Old Apr 14, 2019, 12:18 pm

Data Point: Transferred Friday afternoon US EDT, points hit very early Sunday morning by 8:30 a.m. EDT. I'll call it about 40-42 hours.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I'll be doing a transfer of 500k this summer and these DPs are keeping me calm. Thanks for adding them to thread.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:04 pm

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I'll be doing a transfer of 500k this summer and these DPs are keeping me calm. Thanks for adding them to thread.
Maybe this depends on the Amex card you have, but my Japanese Amex Gold has a transfer-to-ANA-limit of 40K points per year since January of this year.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by shonanroger

Maybe this depends on the Amex card you have, but my Japanese Amex Gold has a transfer-to-ANA-limit of 40K points per year since January of this year.
Don’t think there is such a limit in the US as I transferred close to 300k
Old Apr 17, 2019, 5:32 am

Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC Sapphire, Asiana Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Hyatt Globalist

I have American and Japanese AMEX cards. I received two separate notices that my Japanese cards would be limited to transfer 40K a year (changed from 80k last year), but I’ve never run into any limit with my US cards, so I think it’s country-dependent rather than card-dependent.

AMEX Japan also generally has had slower transfers to various airline partners in my experience.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Wow. A 40k limit is pretty debilitating. I’ve transferred 100k in one go in the past. Never heard of a limit. I’ve got a US Amex.
Old May 20, 2019, 4:19 pm

Did any of you get an email when you transferred the points? I didn’t and it’s making me nervous. They were deducted from amex and haven’t yet ANA.

UPDATE: never did get an email, but points posted almost exactly 48 hours later (Sunday - Tuesday).

Last edited by Stgermainparis; May 22, 2019 at 9:55 am
Old May 28, 2019, 2:12 pm

Transferred 50k for the first time yesterday afternoon US, and the miles were already there when I checked this morning. Happy it was so fast but I'm not going to expect it every time.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 1:25 pm

Any recent updates? I'm gearing up to transfer a lot of points. I always feel like I'm in a perpetual panic attack until they post and I've got the tickets.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Took around 36 hours for me a couple weeks ago, although it could have been faster. At 36 hours, I clicked the Milaege button on the home page which showed my original amount in a dropdown. I signed in a couple seconds later and the amount updated to reflect my new miles. Not sure if the miles just transferred in the short time window, or the mileage account shows a cached version and you should always sign in to check your balance.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
I've already transferred 380k this year.

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Any recent updates? I'm gearing up to transfer a lot of points. I always feel like I'm in a perpetual panic attack until they post and I've got the tickets.
Took a little under two days when I last transferred back in June. Always seems to take more than one day for me.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 6:22 am

Unfortunately having many issues with recent transfer. Wondering if anyone else is in the same boat?

September 11 9:00PM: Transfer 199K MR from my account (AMEX) to my ANA account.
September 11 9:10PM: Transfer 51K MR from my spouse's account (AMEX AU) to my ANA account.
September 13 9:00PM: 51K MR posts. No sign of the 199K.
September 14 8:00AM: I notice that 199K MR are now back in my AMEX MR account.
September 14 8:15AM: I re-send 199K MR to my ANA account.
September 17 9:00AM: Still no sign of the 199K. ANA still shows 51K total.

Update: 199K MR posted to ANA after 72 hours.

Last edited by ezhang; Sep 17, 2019 at 9:09 am Reason: Update
Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: M&M
Transferred this past weekend, sent miles on Thu 5pm, showed up in ANA account Sat morning at 8am.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 12:40 pm

DP: mine took 72 hours last month. One thing to remember is to intentionally log out and back in. Mine didn’t show the update until I did that (I checked without logging out and no points then logged out and back in and voila points).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.