Amex transfer to ANA taking longer?

Old May 22, 2017, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS AA
Amex transfer to ANA taking longer?

I initiated two Amex transfers to ANA last Wednesday and Thursday respectively, but the miles have not shown up in the ANA account as of Monday. The Amex account holder is the same as the ANA member.
I did similar transfers a number of times over the years, and they always took max 2 days. Does it take longer to transfer nowadays?
Old May 22, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Was 2 days for me. 2-3 for others of late.
Datapoints here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-times-13.html
Old May 22, 2017, 12:40 pm

A little less than two days (actual days, not business days) for me two weeks ago.
Old May 22, 2017, 1:57 pm

Made two transfers about a month ago. 2 days (incl weekend, not just business days).
Old May 22, 2017, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

The last time I transferred was in March, took less than 2 days. Well, looks like I have to wait a few more days this time. In my experience, if the transfer fails, ANA will send the points back to Amex, which may take a week.
Old May 22, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
I just did a transfer last Sunday. Did one Sunday morning and that showed up on Tuesday. Did a transfer Sunday afternoon and that showed up wed.
Old May 22, 2017, 9:31 pm

I am in the same situation: Wednesday's transfer is still in the ether.

Back in April, a transfer took less than 48 hours.
Old May 22, 2017, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by alfrie
I initiated two Amex transfers to ANA last Wednesday and Thursday respectively, but the miles have not shown up in the ANA account as of Monday. The Amex account holder is the same as the ANA member.
I did similar transfers a number of times over the years, and they always took max 2 days. Does it take longer to transfer nowadays?
Remember ANA only allows (1) incoming AmEx transfer at a time with a minimum of (48) hours in between.
Old May 23, 2017, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Remember ANA only allows (1) incoming AmEx transfer at a time with a minimum of (48) hours in between.
Thanks for the reminding. I wasn't aware of the 48-hour rule, but I know if I do more than one transfers into the same ANA account, only the first transfer will be posted, and ANA will send the points of the rejected transactions back to Amex.

Well, I am still waiting for my Wednesday transfer to post, 6 days already.
Old May 23, 2017, 7:26 pm

Day 6... nothing. And I had not made a transfer in over a month.
Old May 23, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
The problem on top of this is NH no longer holds award tickets while waiting for transfers.
bizum likes this.
Old May 26, 2017, 9:44 am

I finally called ANA and they said other people did too, they are investigating, they need us to wait. I called AmEx and they told me to wait until after 7 full business days have passed, which is almost the case. I will check again next week.
Old May 27, 2017, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

It has been 10 days, and I have not received the miles. I called ANA and was told AMEX had a transfer error on May 17 and 18, hence the transfers initiated on these two days would not post. I was also advised to call AMEX to reprocess. So I called AMEX. They counted how many business days had passed since my transfer so that they would bother to take a look. Seeing I'm already past biz day 7, the rep called his supervisor, who insisted no issue on Amex side, but they filed a case for further research.

BTW, I did another transfer to ANA on 5/23, and posted on 5/25, so it looks like what ANA told me was true, and the issue is gone.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:26 pm

Still waiting here, a case has been initiated and I should hear from AX next week...
Old Jun 2, 2017, 7:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by af fp
Still waiting here, a case has been initiated and I should hear from AX next week...
This sort of thing makes me very anxious. I'm gearing up to do two transfers totalling about 800k for 5x RTW tix. And of course, it's tough to map a RTW for 5 in business. And I don't want to transfer until I see the seats. Hope I don't get screwed and miss out on seats.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.