Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

New to ANA: Leaving noe\w [dissatisfied customer]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to ANA: Leaving noe\w [dissatisfied customer]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2014, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Are you a paid F or paid C pax ? If yes I wonder why wouldn't you book TG instead ? Be careful though TG may give you the seat that you want, but their service and food are really inconsistent, not to mention they can list a plane type for the flight, if the particular plane type does really operate that flight is always questionable.
I'm paid business class. Always. As is my wife.

Why don't we use Thai? Because you can't book it as a code share through NRT on united.com without paying nearly twice as much.

You can book it through ICN for about the same fare as the ANA connection, but on the return the layover is 15 hours.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Why ? Because NH also figured out UA's F and C class are all upgraders if not NRSA ! (Note someone just started another thread about how he could be upgraded on NH's flight as a UA codeshare purchasing a low V vlass fare, with the UA metal portion already upgraded with GPU)

The paid C revenue is low on this route, and for F, how many are paid F on this route really ? If you look at the competitors on this route, DL has no F, TG basically only has 1 flight that has F, the other 2 are 788, so that is 2 class with no F. I know for a fact many F pax on TG's 380 on this route are upgraders as well, if not awards, or government official / the King's families which they get F for free anyway.

Are you a paid F or paid C pax ? If yes I wonder why wouldn't you book TG instead ? Be careful though TG may give you the seat that you want, but their service and food are really inconsistent, not to mention they can list a plane type for the flight, if the particular plane type does really operate that flight is always questionable.
Price is about the same for TG F (TYO<>BKK) regardless of whether you do it as a paid ticket, purchased UG, or award.

And yes, only one flight with F, but it's the flight that connects with the TPACs (which is the only flight that matters). If you're going O/D, you can fly F out of HND on TG.

Food and service inconsistent? Yes maybe compared to NH, but very good overall. And yes like every airline they have equipment changes.

And what makes you think paid C revenue is low? I fly the route a lot and there are a lot of business travelers and wealthy Thai and Japanese flying the route. You may be right, but to my eyes it look likes there's a lot of premium travel on the route.

The issue with NH is not F or C......the issue is that unlike the main competition they have no lie-flat in any class on the route.

Last edited by 5khours; Nov 13, 2014 at 3:30 pm
Old Nov 13, 2014, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by 5khours
Price is about the same for TG F (TYO<>BKK) regardless of whether you do it as a paid ticket, purchased UG, or award.

And yes, only one flight with F, but it's the flight that connects with the TPACs (which is the only flight that matters). If you're going O/D, you can fly F out of HND on TG.

Food and service inconsistent? Yes maybe compared to NH, but very good overall. And yes like every airline they have equipment changes.

And what makes you think paid C revenue is low? I fly the route a lot and there are a lot of business travelers and wealthy Thai and Japanese flying the route. You may be right, to my eyes it look likes there's a lot of premium travel on the route.

The issue with NH is not F or C......the issue is that unlike the main competition they have no lie-flat in any class on the route.
I agree with you. There is a lot of paid C on the UA flights to NRT. I flew F 2/3 of the time and that was upgrading from a paid C. I always pay for C, and most of the people I met were also on business and paying for C.

The issue with NH is, as you say, the seats. That and it seems like it's just an older plane in general.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by 5khours

And what makes you think paid C revenue is low? I fly the route a lot and there are a lot of business travelers and wealthy Thai and Japanese flying the route. You may be right, but to my eyes it look likes there's a lot of premium travel on the route.
What airlines have equipment changes all the time even for int'l mid to long haul ? I just can't see one except TG, if not there wouldn't be a term on FT that called TG'ed . TG is not just about equipment change, it could cancel with no notice, no email no phone calls ! Basically it is like 9 out of 10 times have either plane swap or cancel !

On UA it was, and on NH, if the revenue is good, it would have at least use the international long haul 772 with Club ANA like for HKG rather than the 772 international short haul with Club ANA Asia right ?
Old Nov 13, 2014, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
What airlines have equipment changes all the time even for int'l mid to long haul ? I just can't see one except TG, if not there wouldn't be a term on FT that called TG'ed . TG is not just about equipment change, it could cancel with no notice, no email no phone calls ! Basically it is like 9 out of 10 times have either plane swap or cancel !

On UA it was, and on NH, if the revenue is good, it would have at least use the international long haul 772 with Club ANA like for HKG rather than the 772 international short haul with Club ANA Asia right ?
My experience has been pretty good. I probably do 8 to 10 TG flights a month and have had very few problems (other than knowing whether I'd get the new or old interior in 747 F.

On the other hand, NH is one of the few airlines that provide no lie flat at all on a lot of their SE Asia routes. I'm a huge fan of NH TPAC, but I'll never fly them to SE Asia.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: UA 1MM
HND option

Recently NH is focusing more on HND flights rather than NRT IMO.
HND-BKK NH flights offer what you need - 788, much better business class seats, and economy seats too for Y pax - more legroom.

The overnight NH flights from HND to BKK offer "ANA Business Cradle" and the business class seats are far better than the 777-200 you are referring to.
I agree 777-200 seats are not great.

The new UA SFO-HND service departs SFO in the evening and arrives at HND at around 22:30 - and you can connect to 00:30am NH from HND to BKK.
I guess you may not like this schedule - but NH offers far better seats. If you really fly BKK-SFO often, it would be worthwhile considering....
Old Nov 28, 2014, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by gongteng
Recently NH is focusing more on HND flights rather than NRT IMO.
HND-BKK NH flights offer what you need - 788, much better business class seats, and economy seats too for Y pax - more legroom.

The overnight NH flights from HND to BKK offer "ANA Business Cradle" and the business class seats are far better than the 777-200 you are referring to.
I agree 777-200 seats are not great.

The new UA SFO-HND service departs SFO in the evening and arrives at HND at around 22:30 - and you can connect to 00:30am NH from HND to BKK.
I guess you may not like this schedule - but NH offers far better seats. If you really fly BKK-SFO often, it would be worthwhile considering....
Business Cradle is NOT the much better business class seats period ! Cradle that means non-flat !

People doesn't like NH is because of the Business Cradle or ClubANA seats (NH's intra-asia 788 use Business Cradle, while 763 has both, both are just as bad), rather than on UA when it was operating the route, C class are all horizontal flat despite being in a 2-4-2 layout. From your profile that UA 1MM, I am surprised you didn't aware of that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.