FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New to ANA: Leaving noe\w [dissatisfied customer]
Old Nov 11, 2014, 10:50 pm
5khours

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Why ? Because NH also figured out UA's F and C class are all upgraders if not NRSA ! (Note someone just started another thread about how he could be upgraded on NH's flight as a UA codeshare purchasing a low V vlass fare, with the UA metal portion already upgraded with GPU)

The paid C revenue is low on this route, and for F, how many are paid F on this route really ? If you look at the competitors on this route, DL has no F, TG basically only has 1 flight that has F, the other 2 are 788, so that is 2 class with no F. I know for a fact many F pax on TG's 380 on this route are upgraders as well, if not awards, or government official / the King's families which they get F for free anyway.

Are you a paid F or paid C pax ? If yes I wonder why wouldn't you book TG instead ? Be careful though TG may give you the seat that you want, but their service and food are really inconsistent, not to mention they can list a plane type for the flight, if the particular plane type does really operate that flight is always questionable.
Price is about the same for TG F (TYO<>BKK) regardless of whether you do it as a paid ticket, purchased UG, or award.

And yes, only one flight with F, but it's the flight that connects with the TPACs (which is the only flight that matters). If you're going O/D, you can fly F out of HND on TG.

Food and service inconsistent? Yes maybe compared to NH, but very good overall. And yes like every airline they have equipment changes.

And what makes you think paid C revenue is low? I fly the route a lot and there are a lot of business travelers and wealthy Thai and Japanese flying the route. You may be right, but to my eyes it look likes there's a lot of premium travel on the route.

The issue with NH is not F or C......the issue is that unlike the main competition they have no lie-flat in any class on the route.

Last edited by 5khours; Nov 13, 2014 at 3:30 pm