Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not Enough Premium Economy Seats

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, DL Plat, HHonors Gold, PC Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Not Enough Premium Economy Seats

What happens if you book a full Y fare and there are no premium economy seats for routes that specifically sell those seat (i.e. HND-LAX)? Do you get stuck with a regular economy seat even though you've paid for a premium seat? I can't find any information on ANA's website.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 5:13 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Originally Posted by xianrocker
What happens if you book a full Y fare and there are no premium economy seats for routes that specifically sell those seat (i.e. HND-LAX)? Do you get stuck with a regular economy seat even though you've paid for a premium seat?
You didn't pay for a premium seat. You paid for a regular seat. They upgrade Y to premium economy only on a space-available basis, even when the aircraft has premium economy. If you want to confirm a premium economy seat, you have to buy a premium economy fare (usually higher than a Y fare).
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: United
I did this a few times. When I paid full Y fare, I got upgraded to C every time. They have 60+ seats in C so chances of getting bumped up is high even when regular Y or Y + is not full
Old Jan 27, 2013, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, DL Plat, HHonors Gold, PC Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by opusone
I did this a few times. When I paid full Y fare, I got upgraded to C every time. They have 60+ seats in C so chances of getting bumped up is high even when regular Y or Y + is not full
That hasn't happened to me yet and I've been on plenty of flights where Y+ is full. I was surprised to see a 777-300ER flying the route yesterday from HND-LAX. First class seats were free if you were able to score one from C class. Is that the typical config for a Sunday am flight?
Old Jan 27, 2013, 3:56 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
That hasn't happened to me yet and I've been on plenty of flights where Y+ is full. I was surprised to see a 777-300ER flying the route yesterday from HND-LAX. First class seats were free if you were able to score one from C class. Is that the typical config for a Sunday am flight?
A lot of aircraft are being shuffled around right now while the 787s are out of service.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
No, typical config doesn't matter any day of the week is always 777-200ER with no F and old C, but the other poster mention it is just temporary because of the 787 grounding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.