Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA Lounge in Manila

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1mm, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
It is the Sweet Ideas Café. ANA gives you an invite card when you check in. The staff collects the card when you enter the café. Decent food such as noodles, soup, sandwiches, other things I could not identify but tasted good, plenty of coffee, and free wifi is available. It was too early to drink alcohol but was available. I assume the alcohol was free since the invite card stated you had to be of legal drinking age to get alcohol. The staff was great. I wish United would hire them as FAs. The café is open on both sides and open to the public. Info is correct as of 1/26/15.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 5:20 pm

There is now a "Sky View Lounge" which is half of a generic business class lounge area just past the Singapore lounge entrance. Enclosed with 3-4 food items and a drink fridge, but definitely sequestered from the main terminal area. They hand you a Wi-Fi PIN at check-in and it's free. Counter seating at the window and some generic comfy chairs in the main area. Outlets at the counter every 3-4 seats. I'm not a good judge of square footage, but I'd guess 2,000 sf. No frills, but again, separate from main area and quiet.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Wouldn't you have access to the SQ lounge?

I'm actually going through MNL early next year so I'm curious to check out the SQ lounge at the other terminal and possibly the TG lounge. But is that to say there's a new SQ on nearer to where ANA departs from?

Can anyone confirm the alcohol in this café? I'm gonna wanna drink

Originally Posted by hamburgler
NH will give you a lounge invite card if you're *G and in Y.
This is what they do at YVR too, I can't remember if I was actually given a certificate or something or just told I could go there. *G in Economy. I had access to the Air Canada MLL (Intl) which I knew I would (it's the one the lounge finder mentions) but the ANA website lists the Plaza Premium lounge and I can confirm you can do that too. So I'm not surprised that they do this elsewhere as well.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 12:18 pm

Would access to Singapore lounge have required *G? We were traveling paid C on NH but we don't have any Star Alliance status anymore. The Singapore lounge was right next door.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 5:21 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
You should have access to any Star Alliance lounge on the day of departure out of MNL if you're traveling in business class. NH probably just does not have a formal agreement to use the SQ lounge, so they offer access to the Sky View Lounge.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 1:08 am

Programs: A3 Gold
Originally Posted by drvannostren

I'm actually going through MNL early next year so I'm curious to check out the SQ lounge at the other terminal and possibly the TG lounge. But is that to say there's a new SQ on nearer to where ANA departs from?
SQ no longer departs from NAIA 1 where the old SQ lounge was and where the current one is. NH and SQ fly out of the "modern" NAIA 3 and there is no post-security way to get between both terminals.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CX Dia, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by drvannostren

Can anyone confirm the alcohol in this café? I'm gonna wanna drink

This is what they do at YVR too, I can't remember if I was actually given a certificate or something or just told I could go there. *G in Economy. I had access to the Air Canada MLL (Intl) which I knew I would (it's the one the lounge finder mentions) but the ANA website lists the Plaza Premium lounge and I can confirm you can do that too. So I'm not surprised that they do this elsewhere as well.
The Skyview lounge has alcohol so drinking is not a problem. I am *A gold and have used the SQ lounge and it is much nicer with better food and drinks and much more comfortable. The problem is I have tried 2 times to get in there (while flying NH J class), the first time was not a problem after explaining I am *A gold, but the second time they told me to use the ANA lounge because they said they were too full. This seemed like a canned excuse to me because I could see into the lounge and see many seats available.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 7:59 am
Original Member

Programs: United, Hilton
Just tried the SkyView lounge and was very disappointed. The room was way too warm for comfort. Also, no ice for the soft drinks. Between both the heat and lack of ice, did not spend any significant time there.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
I am very much looking forward to seeing Terminal 3. After several trips through MNL on UA. I am expecting a much better offering on ANA! Trip report on return.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 5:17 am

Programs: A3 Gold
I just used the New SQ lounge at MNL earlier today while flying on NH 820 to NRT. If you are *G, I highly recommend this lounge as it seems to be a better option with nicer ambience and better food options. Also the lounge empties out while waiting for the flight to board, thus making it a much quieter option. You can't visit both lounges as we had to surrender our SkyView lounge passes with the SQ lounge dragon.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:43 am
Original Member

Programs: United, Hilton
Excellent! I will try that lounge next trip.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat 100, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by AznMadSci
I just used the New SQ lounge at MNL earlier today while flying on NH 820 to NRT. If you are *G, I highly recommend this lounge as it seems to be a better option with nicer ambience and better food options. Also the lounge empties out while waiting for the flight to board, thus making it a much quieter option. You can't visit both lounges as we had to surrender our SkyView lounge passes with the SQ lounge dragon.
I was in MNL earlier in December and the SQ lounge is much nicer than the Sky View lounge. You can access both if you go to the Sky View first and give your passes there as long as you are *G then you can just show your boarding pass to the SQ Lounge person.

The Sky View lounge was really warm and the AC seemed to be very weak. The food selection wasn't great either. We switched once I realized the SQ lounge was better and it was no problem. I would skip the Sky View and go to the SQ lounge if you have a choice.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:08 pm

Programs: NH Dia (MM), QF-Plt, S-La GC Dia, Marriot Plt
I also support the comments above about the ANA lounge service in Manila. It's very, very disappointing (especially when you are used to the lounges in Japan) and I've provided feedback to them a couple of times that it's a joke.

I also try and use the SQ lounge - have got away with it a half a dozen times now, but they are generally reluctant to allow this so do be aware. In particular, they generally won't allow it during busy times such as for the afternoon flight (NH870).

Having said all of this.. I now just tend skip the lounge all together and spend my time in the massage service outside the ANA gate
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Any further update on the current quality of the Skyview lounge (ANA) or SQ lounge? I will be on the 9:45 a.m. flight MNL-NRT in a few days.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler
Any further update on the current quality of the Skyview lounge (ANA) or SQ lounge? I will be on the 9:45 a.m. flight MNL-NRT in a few days.
As of June this year the SQ lounge was still the much better option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.