Wiki Posts
Search

changing from AZ millemiglia program

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2007, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AZ FA/ AMEX plat
changing from AZ millemiglia program

OK I have been patient with AZ for many years simply because their MM programme was by a long margin the most generous and easy to use out there.
However as well all know that is to change in 2008 and also with AZ leaving MXP it is all over bar the shouting for someone - like me - who travels from Milan mainly on intercontinental flights.
It looks like I am going to have to change in either Paris/London/Frankfurt or Zurich for most of my travel as of 2008 so..................
Which Miles plan do anyone of you recommend? Will any of them match my FA status?
I travel mainly to NYC, LAX and NRT

thanks!

Peter
Old Sep 17, 2007, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I didn't think ex MXP flights to NRT or NYC were going to be affected by FCO becoming AZ's main hub (althoug I did see it mentioned that the MXP-JFK route might be taken by AA)

If you know differrently and foresee yourself flying UA, NH & LH in the near future, then consider bmi's Diamond Club.

Otherwise, especially if AA does get the MXP-JFK slot, you might want to join oneworld as JAL has direct MXP-NRT flights and is on the same alliance.
Can't advise you on which FFP of theirs is best.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 3:07 pm

Location: In a plane over Europe; I mean in the back of a plane over Europe !!!
Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M
NYC and NRT direct with O/W (AA JL). LAX connecting somewhere (like now no direct flight). Let me say via LHR or JFK.

If thinking about AA or BA FFPs, please mind the funny rule of TATL between AA and BA. Basically, no code share and NO accrual/redemption on partner metal. If mixing them, go for JAL or any other O/W FFP.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Paris and London are not pleasant airports in which to connect. I much prefer to connect in either Frankfurt or Zurich.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 5:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by zvezda
Paris and London are not pleasant airports in which to connect. I much prefer to connect in either Frankfurt or Zurich.

Me too, prefer Zurich over London and Frankfurt. ZRH is much more efficient if you need to transfer!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.