Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cannot book Comfort seats CDG-LIN

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2017, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Cannot book Comfort seats CDG-LIN

Does anyone know why the exit rows/ Comfort seats are not bookable online?
Is this a common problem on alitalia.com?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 4:58 am

Hi @bostontraveler,

Are you getting an error message or are the seats just blanked out that you can't click on them (even though they seem to be available)? There used to be an issue (I haven't tried recently hence I'm not sure whether they fixed it, possibly not) where you couldn't choose exit rows on-line (or even by telephone via call centre) 24 hours before departure.

G
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Hi,
The rows are just blanked out...
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Update...

Well, I think I found a "workaround" for this problem...partially.
Once I completed my reservation there was an option to add ancillary services. I clicked on this and magically the "comfort seats" appeared on the seat map.

In my case being an AF SkyTeam Elite+ I shouldn't have to pay but the system asked me for 25€. In the past the calling center was able to help with this but they refused this time and said they had no authority to override this... (hmm).
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by bostontraveler
In my case being an AF SkyTeam Elite+ I shouldn't have to pay
That, I'm afraid, is no longer the case (only AZ's own E+ may choose a comfort seat for free). That said, I'm glad to hear that you were at least able to select one.

G
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
In my case being an AF SkyTeam Elite+ I shouldn't have to pay but the system asked me for 25€. In the past the calling center was able to help with this but they refused this time and said they had no authority to override this... (hmm).
There is no cross-alliance waiving of all seat selection fees.

DL and AFKL may have a nice little love-in going on, but AZ is excluded. Therefore, it requires payment for these seats from Elites of these other airlines.

About a year ago, I had a KL-issued ticket for which one of the sectors was actually operated by Alitalia. Bizarrely, I could not select a seat for this flight either via the KLM or Alitalia websites, despite being Skyteam Elite Plus (via Alitalia's Millemiglia programme). When I enquired about it in the Crown Lounge at Schiphol on a different ticket, the agents had to ring all around the place before summoning me back half an hour later with the news that I would have to pay (a stupid amount, like €25 or something) just to select a seat. Any old seat!

Naturally, I politely declined their generous offer...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.