Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One good news (at least)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Smile One good news (at least)

I don't seem to be able to pull the official report from FlightStats on my mobile but AZ on-time performance is looking way better compared to its financial rundowns The report covers the first half of 2017 and puts AZ amongst the most punctual airlines in Europe and not only. Link to follow.

G
Old Aug 11, 2017, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Below the note from the airline.

Alitalia has ranked third most punctual airline in Europe and tenth in the world in the first two quarters of 2017, according to the report published by FlightStats (flightstats.com), the US independent data services society specialized in commercial aviation.

According to the chart, 84 per cent of Alitalia flights arrived on schedule from January to June. Flightstats follows the “A14” method, monitoring flights arriving at the gate less than 15 minutes after the scheduled arrival time.
The largest airline in Italy has ranked third in Europe – behind Iberia and Austrian Airlines, with higher scores than the three major European carriers - British Airways (82%), Lufthansa (80%) and Air France (78%) – and the low-cost carrier easyJet (78%). Alitalia has ranked tenth in the world ahead of the main US carriers: Delta Air Lines (82%), American Airlines and United Airlines (80%).

A major improvement compared to the past two years when Alitalia’s arrival performance was 83 per cent in 2016 and 76 per cent in 2015 (the last figure was affected by the incident occurred at Fiumicino on May 7). Considering that Alitalia has operated over 93,000 flights in the first two quarters of 2017, the improvement of one percentage point means that almost 1,000 flights more have arrived on time compared to same period last year.
These days AZ does not operate as many flights as it used to up to roughly a decade ago hence the comparison with BA, LH etc. (not to mention DL) doesn't really stack up, yet still a positive result given the recent turmoil.

G
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Here's hoping that AZ will continue to rise like a phoenix!
Old Aug 11, 2017, 4:13 pm

Always Late In Takeoff Always Late In Arrival
Old Aug 14, 2017, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BApilotinsider
Always Late In Takeoff Always Late In Arrival
Thanks, Bloody Awful!!!
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:38 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
Would it be overly optimistic for AZ's future continuing since a new Male route, resumption of Delhi (http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...as-of-19jul17/) and a B77W are on the way?

I was planning to fly AZ next spring on a SkyTeam RTW ticket as some sectors are obvious AZ routes; e.g. TUN to ICN via FCO and SCL to TUN via FCO, and their Flying Blue earn percentage is the highest of the 20 members for long haul (200%). But I am hesitating the purchase as I don't know that would happen to the ticket if AZ left SkyTeam or just ceased to exist, as re-routing may subsequently bump me over the mileage limit into the next price level.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you have the ticket issued on non-Alitalia stock, then I dare say it would be up to the ticket issuer to rebook you should any of the sectors prove unflyable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.