Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Future of Alitalia - 2017 edition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:57 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Will they stop kicking the dead horse? Now it's not even kicking, they are cutting some barely decent-looking parts off it and try to sell those...
Really shameful. AZ has been dead and rot for the last 20 years at least, one miserable failure after other.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
Old Apr 4, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: Marriott: Platinum/LT Silver, AS: MVP
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Depends which "points" you mean. In case of an Alitalia failure, the most likely event is that all "points" will disappear, so it would be better to use them up. (However, as Millemiglia is now majority owned by Etihad, they may decide to port them over to Etihad Guest, though this is by no means guaranteed).
I meant MilleMiglia miles, but now that you mention it I could try to book through AF/KL and bank on them rerouting me in case AZ goes belly up. I have plenty of DL miles as well, but no chance I'll be able to use them in any way that makes sense on a partner.

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Depends what you mean by "safe". In case of an Alitalia failure, ALL routes will immediately cease.
I was thinking more in terms of a restructure, where certain routes are eliminated as cost-cutting measures. Since LAX-FCO is seasonal already, was wondering if it would be further up on the chopping block.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.