Search
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Air Rarotonga
July 8, 2015
added the actual link
http://www.alitalia.com/gb_en/millem...tus-match.html

Update summary from nufnuf77:

The status update currently seems to take about 15-20 calendar days. No email is sent immediately upon upgrade, but one may be received later (within a week or so). One has to visit the MilleMiglia site and look at one's card displayed under profile. The upgrades are probably processed externally to Alitalia, as neither Freccia Alata Plus line knew anything about it and one member received and email back from external processing team.

Physical card and upgrade voucher code to give status to someone else - 'Freccia Alata for you' are reported to arrive approx 5-10 days after the upgrade has been processed, depending on your postal address.

The coucher for 'Freccia Alata forYou' arrives in the welcome pack and has instructions and rules on how you can use this unique code to upgrade a family member/friend to Freccia Alata status for free. Can only be used once and the person receiving cannot be changed after it is applied.

The 'Business for you' upgrade (4x) is available from the moment one's status shows as Freccia Alata Plus. These 4 upgrade vouchers can be used for oneself or any other nominated person, and can be used by phoning the call centre. To upgrade, the original flight must be booked in P(Classica Plus) or Y, B, M and H(Classica). Upgrade inventory needed seems to be 'Z' class for business and 'A' class for Classica Plus.
It costs: 1 voucher to upgrade P-->Z(Business);
1 voucher for Y/B/M/H-->A(Classica Plus);
2 vouchers to upgrade Y/B/H/M-->Z(Business).

The new expiry date (March 2016 or 2017) will depend on your current status/card submitted, as per this quote from Alitalia:
The new, recognized status will be valid until March 31, 2016. If the status in the existing Frequent Flyer Program expires after March 31, 2016, the equivalent status recognized within the MilleMiglia Program will be valid until March 31, 2017. In no case will lifetime cards be issued.
Matching tiers
Silver level - Ulisse Club
Gold level - Freccia Alata Club <-- Star Alliance Gold
Platinum level - Freccia Alata Plus Club <-- OW Emerald or AA EXP (?)

Successful matches - Please post here any match received, including the status with the original airline, and which status matched to with Alitalia. If the match is already listed, please do not list again. If matched from a status listed to a different status in Millimeglia, post here. Format as below in Alphabetical order:

AA Executive Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
AA Platinum/One World Saphire - Freccia Alata Club
Air Berlin Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
BA Gold/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
BA Silver/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
CX Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Etihad Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Gulf Air Gold- Freccia Alata Club
Lufthansa Senator/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
MH Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Royal Jordanian Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
SAS Eurobonus Diamond/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Turkish Airlines Elite/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Turkish Airlines Elite Plus/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Singapore Airlines Krisflyer Gold/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
United Airlines Mileage Plus 1K/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Qantas Platinun/oneworld Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus
Print Wikipost

MilleMiglia Status Match?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2015, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
Sent my request via email on July 27th. Included proof of AA EXP (expiring 02/16) and Turkish * Gold Elite (not Elite Plus) expiring 03/17.

Today I have been matched to Freccia Alata (not Plus) expiring 03/17.

My initial question was because I was under the (wrong) impression that Turkish *G was the highest status TK offered and could translate into Fraccia Alata Plus.

Hope that helps clears any doubt if anybody was wondering the same. I made sure to request Fraccia Alata Plus on my email and made sure to mention it several times throughout.

But stargold was right!
My A3 Gold (or TK Elite) matched to Freccia Alata Club, correctly I believe

*G is the highest in *A, but don't think it's enough to match to highest status in OW/ST.
AA EXP should..but then your expiry would've been 03/2016

I added this to Wiki, hopefully correct
Matching tiers
Platinum level - Freccia Alata Plus Club <-- OW Sapphire or AA EXP (?)
Old Aug 10, 2015, 1:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Ambassador
Status also seems to propagate through the system quite fast. I was matched Friday and was able to use it for lounges on Sunday (KLM). I think my OW card took bit longer to show up alliance wide.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 9:13 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by jerryhung
My A3 Gold (or TK Elite) matched to Freccia Alata Club, correctly I believe

*G is the highest in *A, but don't think it's enough to match to highest status in OW/ST.
AA EXP should..but then your expiry would've been 03/2016

I added this to Wiki, hopefully correct
Matching tiers
Platinum level - Freccia Alata Plus Club <-- OW Sapphire or AA EXP (?)
Saphire is Alata club, Emerald is Alata plus. I corrected the wiki.
It seems star allianxe Golds that hold cards requiring over 50k a year sre matched to Alata plus ie TK elite plus and SK Diamonds etc...
Old Aug 11, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Signed up to MilleMigila Young (yes, I qualify ) and have sent the status match request on the 6th and have booked my first AZ flight today- it's up to them to lose me now!

It'll be interesting to compare AZ with BA- I'll say that much. Looking forward to a new airline for me!
Old Aug 12, 2015, 2:58 am

Programs: TK*G, KL, AB
I've recently obtained *A Gold with TK, but haven't received the card yet. I have a SkyTeam trip coming up soon and would like to be matched to MilleMiglia by then. Since I can't send a scan of the card, I'm thinking of sending the MilleMiglia status match request with a screenshot of my TK account showing my name, level and expiry date. Has anyone tried this?
Old Aug 12, 2015, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
You can try, but don't expect to be matched; the terms of the offer clearly request a copy/scan/photo of the card.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 5:07 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Alata forYou

If anybody has a promotional code for Freccia Alata Plus that they want to share I would be really interested. I am FB Silver, so it would benefit me. Please PM me in order to arrange something ^.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 6:39 am

Programs: TK*G, KL, AB
Originally Posted by irishguy28
You can try, but don't expect to be matched; the terms of the offer clearly request a copy/scan/photo of the card.
I'm aware of the terms, that's why I'm asking if anyone has tried alternatives.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There probably have been; but it doesn't mean that every card-less application would be successful.

We've even had reports of people submitting clear, legible scans/copies/photos of their cards and being rejected due to the attachments being illegible.

You have absolutely nothing to lose by trying.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 11:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by irishguy28

We've even had reports of people submitting clear, legible scans/copies/photos of their cards and being rejected due to the attachments being illegible.

You have absolutely nothing to lose by trying.
My friend submitted a scan of his Air Berlin and Turkish Gold, a very clear scan. They sent back it was not legible. He resent the exact same email with the same scan, and was matched a week later!
Old Aug 12, 2015, 11:34 pm

Programs: LH SEN,
Originally Posted by kauppias
Saphire is Alata club, Emerald is Alata plus. I corrected the wiki.
It seems star allianxe Golds that hold cards requiring over 50k a year sre matched to Alata plus ie TK elite plus and SK Diamonds etc...
I was matched from LH HON Circle *G to Alata plus.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 1:53 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Not sure if this question was asked before but if I travel on AF/KL and rather use my FB (ivory) number in stead of MilleMiglia number, would I still have Sky Priority and lounge access when showing my Freccia Alata card despite the FB Ivory number?
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:26 am

Programs: Oneworld sapphire (IB)
I have used that trick a lot to get the miles on my FB account while using a different -status- card to enter the lounge. In general where agents are involved: be careful.

-Check in online with AF number works perfect ( but you won't have sky priority printed on your BC, nor extra luggage, nor guaranteed speedy security)
- at the lounge you can show your other - status- card (but the agent at an KL/AF lounge might immediately change your FF number in the system)

My experience is that at some lounges the won't have the possibility to change or not do that every time ( for example the AF lounge in GVA, the generic lounge at BRU .... )

Examples july:
Alitalia/FCO, Korean/ICN, AF/GVA
(keep the BCs just in case they forget to credit your AF FF)
Old Aug 13, 2015, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bear in mind that many of the cheaper economy fares on AF/KL don't earn at all in MilleMiglia.

If you've checked the earning table and you know that your flights are NOT going to earn in MilleMiglia, just go ahead and put your MilleMiglia number in the booking. The system should show your correct status (bring your card in case it doesn't - I ALWAYS carry my card) and obtain your status perks.

After you've completed your journey, just use the retro-claim facility on the Flying Blue website. The miles will post immediately in your Flying Blue account - it really is that quick and simple, it surprised me! - even, as I found out myself last weekend, before the last flight had even shown up in my MilleMiglia account as a zero-earning flight.

Be warned, though, that if any of the flights on your particular ticket DO earn miles in MilleMiglia, and you absolutely do NOT want any of themiles to post to MilleMiglia, you should not follow this method.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: EI Gold Circle, A3 *G, AB Gold & 3rd place East Leinster High Jump (1996)
Originally Posted by hiima
How long has it taken people to get a physical card after getting matched?
Number of folks in Europe & the UK appear to be getting theirs quickly enough, from what I've observed on thread.

I'm waiting over a month in Dublin & spoke with Alitalia CS today. Oddly enough, they asked me to email [email protected] again to advise them the card has not shown up & the agent also said she'd put in a request to reissue the card. Funny feeling I'm going to have to badger them to get results though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.