Search
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Air Rarotonga
July 8, 2015
added the actual link
http://www.alitalia.com/gb_en/millem...tus-match.html

Update summary from nufnuf77:

The status update currently seems to take about 15-20 calendar days. No email is sent immediately upon upgrade, but one may be received later (within a week or so). One has to visit the MilleMiglia site and look at one's card displayed under profile. The upgrades are probably processed externally to Alitalia, as neither Freccia Alata Plus line knew anything about it and one member received and email back from external processing team.

Physical card and upgrade voucher code to give status to someone else - 'Freccia Alata for you' are reported to arrive approx 5-10 days after the upgrade has been processed, depending on your postal address.

The coucher for 'Freccia Alata forYou' arrives in the welcome pack and has instructions and rules on how you can use this unique code to upgrade a family member/friend to Freccia Alata status for free. Can only be used once and the person receiving cannot be changed after it is applied.

The 'Business for you' upgrade (4x) is available from the moment one's status shows as Freccia Alata Plus. These 4 upgrade vouchers can be used for oneself or any other nominated person, and can be used by phoning the call centre. To upgrade, the original flight must be booked in P(Classica Plus) or Y, B, M and H(Classica). Upgrade inventory needed seems to be 'Z' class for business and 'A' class for Classica Plus.
It costs: 1 voucher to upgrade P-->Z(Business);
1 voucher for Y/B/M/H-->A(Classica Plus);
2 vouchers to upgrade Y/B/H/M-->Z(Business).

The new expiry date (March 2016 or 2017) will depend on your current status/card submitted, as per this quote from Alitalia:
The new, recognized status will be valid until March 31, 2016. If the status in the existing Frequent Flyer Program expires after March 31, 2016, the equivalent status recognized within the MilleMiglia Program will be valid until March 31, 2017. In no case will lifetime cards be issued.
Matching tiers
Silver level - Ulisse Club
Gold level - Freccia Alata Club <-- Star Alliance Gold
Platinum level - Freccia Alata Plus Club <-- OW Emerald or AA EXP (?)

Successful matches - Please post here any match received, including the status with the original airline, and which status matched to with Alitalia. If the match is already listed, please do not list again. If matched from a status listed to a different status in Millimeglia, post here. Format as below in Alphabetical order:

AA Executive Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
AA Platinum/One World Saphire - Freccia Alata Club
Air Berlin Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
BA Gold/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
BA Silver/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
CX Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Etihad Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Gulf Air Gold- Freccia Alata Club
Lufthansa Senator/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
MH Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Royal Jordanian Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
SAS Eurobonus Diamond/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Turkish Airlines Elite/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Turkish Airlines Elite Plus/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Singapore Airlines Krisflyer Gold/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
United Airlines Mileage Plus 1K/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Qantas Platinun/oneworld Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus
Print Wikipost

MilleMiglia Status Match?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2015, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
4 follow-up emails (I suppose from you to them) is way too many given the wiki states it currently takes 10 days and some guys are posting waiting times up to 18 days. I can understand this if you are in a hurry due to upcoming flight, but doubt this will speed up the things much
Given that Alitalia is generously extending a status offer, such a display of impatience may even delay or impede the extension of the offer to a particular individual...
Old Jul 27, 2015, 4:53 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by luv_flying
Anyone can help to interpret what do they mean? Are they rejecting my request?

Ti ringraziamo per aver aderito all'iniziativa Status Match.

A seguito delle numerose richieste pervenute, ci scusiamo per non aver ancora terminato le verifiche per il riconoscimento del tuo status.

Saremo lieti di accoglierti presto sui nostri voli.

Cordiali saluti.

Il Programma MilleMiglia

Thank you for taking part in the initiative Status Match

We apologize for not having yet completed audits for the recognition of your status due to the numerous requests received

We look forward to welcoming you soon on our flights

Best regards.

The MilleMiglia Program
I received the same e-mail today, although I was already matched succesfully almost 2 weeks ago so I replied to inform them of this. Might save them some work.

Given the amount of applications they have to process I would say that they are doing a great job.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:20 am

Programs: AA lft PLT 2.2MM, Marriott Plt
Vouchers...

Does anyone know how long the vouchers are good for?

I understand that the status match for FLP ends March 2016 or 2017 based on your status with your non-skyteam expiration. Do the vouchers have the same expiration or longer?

Thanks in Advance
Old Jul 27, 2015, 3:20 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Given that Alitalia is generously extending a status offer, such a display of impatience may even delay or impede the extension of the offer to a particular individual...
My thoughts exactly, just did not want to put it so bluntly
Old Jul 27, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
I got the same email as well, thanks for the translation. So I guess at least they have my info.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
I don't get what takes them so long to process a status match. Just look at the picture of the card, and upgrade account. can be done in 3 minutes.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by benberg2013
I don't get what takes them so long to process a status match. Just look at the picture of the card, and upgrade account. can be done in 3 minutes.
They are unlikely to be hiring new staff to cope with the mounting backlog, or to be diverting additional staff from other tasks solely to process the status match.

Status matching is not a time-sensitive issue for the airline. There is most likely only a small team of people assigned to this task - and they may also have other tasks to perform as well.

The processing time may indeed be small, but you must also remember that there is a substantial backlog of applications to be processed. It also seems that some people have sent up to 8 individual pieces of correspondence in relation to a single application - so you can imagine that there is a lot of "noise" being heaped on top of these people, too.

I am beginning to pity the poor people who are doing this job! (It could even just be a bunch of students hired for the summer).
Old Jul 28, 2015, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by punkhip
Sent an initial email on 15 July, followed by at least 4 follow-up emails, and still no reply or upgrade. If it were not for their linkage with Skyteam, I don't know why I would want to fly with Alitalia. Their, or whoever's, efficiency is sheer epic.
Wow, banging on their door will not speed up the process. If I were handling these applications, yours would fall to the bottom of the heap with each mail.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by punkhip
Sent an initial email on 15 July, followed by at least 4 follow-up emails, and still no reply or upgrade. If it were not for their linkage with Skyteam, I don't know why I would want to fly with Alitalia. Their, or whoever's, efficiency is sheer epic.
I once heard "Alitalia" stands for "Aircraft Landed In Tokyo, All Luggage In Amsterdam".

Last edited by benberg2013; Jul 28, 2015 at 8:19 am Reason: added "All"
Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That seems to refer to "Alitlia"

Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by irishguy28
That seems to refer to "Alitlia"

thanks - meant to be "All luggage in amsterdam"
Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: TK Gold, Alitalia Gold, AB Gold, MPC, SPG Gold, IHG, Marriott Silvr, BW Plat, AA, BA, JP
upgraded today to gold equivalent. ....original request sent july 2. ....be patient. ...
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:58 am

Any successful matches to Freccia Alata Plus from Turkish *G?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
Any successful matches to Freccia Alata Plus from Turkish *G?
There is no reason why any valid Star Alliance Gold status would NOT be matched if the card is scanned legibly and the correct application procedure is followed.

As long as the card that you wish to match from is NOT associated with a Skyteam airline, there is no reason why the status will not be matched.

Just bear in mind that some people are now reporting a waiting time of up to one month to have their status matched. Be patient.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:13 am

I think he wants to know if TK*G will translate to Alata Plus.

The highest status in the competing program is supposed to get Alata Plus, so it should theoretically work if you're Elite Plus, but not for Elites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.