Wiki Posts
Search

FCO Terminal Question...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2015, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
FCO Terminal Question...

I'm a little confused by the FCO terminal maps.

I have a flight an FCO-TLV flight that says it is departing from "terminal 1." However, it looks like it is leaving from Gate G10, which is way on the otherside by terminal 3.

I know the terminals are all connected, but if coming by a taxi, why would I go to terminal 1 and then walk all the over when it seems like I could just go have the taxi drop me off at terminal 3? Can I not get in from that side?
Old Jun 4, 2015, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I have no direct experience here, but if the airline confirmation tells you to check in Terminal 1, this is what you should do. The airline should know where the check-in desks applicable to your flight are located; if you go Terminal 3 to check-in, you risk being told to go to Terminal 1 where the check-in for your flight is located.

TLV may be subject to special check.-in procedures, so don't just assume you can check in at any Alitalia desk. My advice would be to go to the terminal that the airline has informed you to go to.

Be aware that a recent fire in T3 may have led to changes in the check-in/handling of some flights; T1 normally deals with Schengen/shorthaul only, but this may currently be different.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
I have no direct experience here, but if the airline confirmation tells you to check in Terminal 1, this is what you should do. The airline should know where the check-in desks applicable to your flight are located; if you go Terminal 3 to check-in, you risk being told to go to Terminal 1 where the check-in for your flight is located.
Correct. Check-in procedures for all AZ flights (except long-haul) take place at T1, regardless of where the boarding gate is located (my experiences are limited to LHR flights, which depart from either G or H, however the following link should be self-explanatory: http://www.alitalia.com/it_en/promoo...fiumicino.html).

G
Old Jun 4, 2015, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Correct. Check-in procedures for all AZ flights (except long-haul) take place at T1, regardless of where the boarding gate is located (my experiences are limited to LHR flights, which depart from either G or H, however the following link should be self-explanatory: http://www.alitalia.com/it_en/promoo...fiumicino.html).

G
Thanks....helpful. If I check in online and don't need the desk can you pass security at T3? If not, I think the walk isn't too bad right?
Old Jun 4, 2015, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Thanks....helpful. If I check in online and don't need the desk can you pass security at T3? If not, I think the walk isn't too bad right?
You could do. I'm not sure, though, what's the current state-of-play over that particular area of the airport further to the recent fire. I would therefore clear security & passports at T1 and, with regards to the distance to reach gates G & H, you should bear this in mind as well -

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alita...-schengen.html

In short, give yourself plenty of time just to be on the safe side as the situation has not gone back to normal yet (apparently).

In normal circumstances, T1 security-passports→gates G/H is roughly 10-15 minutes walk.

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.