Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Better" lounge in FCO?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2012, 1:36 am
Original Poster

"Better" lounge in FCO?

I'm flying business MIA-ATH, and my connection out of FCO was cancelled, resulting in a ~7 hours wait for the next flight. For obvious reasons, the idea of spending such a long time in the Borromini lounge is sort of disturbing, to say the least. My question, therefore is: is there a better lounge that I could use? I was thinking of a possible arrival lounge or, as somebody told me, there are AZ lounges outside of the secure area in both terminals 1 and 3. Any suggestions?
Old Oct 28, 2012, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
If you have 7 hours you might consider paying for a day room at one of the airport hotels. Hilton is quite expensive but walkable, garden inn cheaper but requires shuttle.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 4:52 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I am sure you have thought about it, and probably not interested, but lets throw in the suggestion anyway: Why not go into town? There are Alitalia busses that take a little over an hour I believe. So that could give you 3-4 hours in the city if you like

By the way, have you considered asking them to rebook you altogether? Possibly on a flight from MIA through AMS or CDG? KLM still has the noon flight to ATH, AF has various.

Last edited by Xandrios; Oct 28, 2012 at 1:14 pm
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: Nice Airport Premier Plat, Flying Blue Platinum (Skyteam E+), Le Club Accor Plat
hello,

Borromini Lounge is very cosy - On the D area at the top floor (Schengen Area).
Old Oct 30, 2012, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xandrios
I am sure you have thought about it, and probably not interested, but lets throw in the suggestion anyway: Why not go into town? There are Alitalia busses that take a little over an hour I believe. So that could give you 3-4 hours in the city if you like
Well, I already know Rome by heart (I've lived there for a total of 1.5 years), and I don't feel like walking around town, especially after a TATL flight.
Originally Posted by Xandrios
By the way, have you considered asking them to rebook you altogether? Possibly on a flight from MIA through AMS or CDG? KLM still has the noon flight to ATH, AF has various.
I have a non-whatever ticket that I booked at 15% off (ATH-ATL via FCO/MIA, return, in business for only 1700 Euro!). I asked last week at the AZ office in ATH and the answer was simply "sorry, no way"!
Originally Posted by NickoSnow
Borromini Lounge is very cosy - On the D area at the top floor
As I wrote, the Borromini lounge is the one I want to avoid. From all non-African lounges I've been in (>100), I consider this to be one of the worst. For example, last week the temperature in there was ~28C, and the AC was not running: I was told it was October and thus no AC was needed! And the food is a disgrace, worse than any American lounge food (and that, in Italy!!!). Coffee is the only thing that's good in there, they haven't yet managed to ruin it.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 1:47 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by KLouis
As I wrote, the Borromini lounge is the one I want to avoid. From all non-African lounges I've been in (>100), I consider this to be one of the worst. For example, last week the temperature in there was ~28C, and the AC was not running: I was told it was October and thus no AC was needed! And the food is a disgrace, worse than any American lounge food (and that, in Italy!!!). Coffee is the only thing that's good in there, they haven't yet managed to ruin it.
The food is on par with other AZ lounges. As they pointed out to you, it's one of the best, short of the one at gates G.

If it's so horrible to you, you're out of luck. Not that the non-AZ lounges are any better than this in Fiumicino.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.