Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Why Can't I View My Reservation on Alitalia Website?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why Can't I View My Reservation on Alitalia Website?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2012, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
Programs: No longer loyal to any airline.
Angry Why Can't I View My Reservation on Alitalia Website?

Anyone know why I can't pull up my reservation on alitalia.com?
How do modify it or change my seats?

What am I doing wrong!!!!!?
Old Jun 15, 2012, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL PM | Marriott Gold | Alaska Gold
Originally Posted by InTokyo

It's just how their site is. If you want to change your seat you'll have to call them.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 6:11 pm

Programs: Delta GM, ST E+, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by InTokyo

You're doing nothing wrong. Alitalia refuses to join the 21st century, as most of their competitors have, by permitting easy access to ones reservations.

Like most things in Italy, lots of red tape to maneuver though in order to remedy a simple task. It's an old world mentality for a third world country.

Unfortunately, you will need to call the airline...to request seat assignments and alter your reservation.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K
It's because of that sneaky wabbit
Old Jun 19, 2012, 3:36 am
GmK

Programs: A few
Enter your PNR or Ticketnumber and make sure to write your first name with the addition of MR or MRS (!), like BobMR or StephanieMRS, as sometimes your first name is printed like that on the eticket.

Works for me (doesnt work when I omit the MR)
Old Jun 21, 2012, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by upgradeluvr
Like most things in Italy, lots of red tape to maneuver though in order to remedy a simple task. It's an old world mentality for a third world country.
Why have a computer do something when 8 people can do the same thing?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 5:23 pm

I just checked in for my AZ flight online today and was taken to an AF site - totally weird. Didn't care though, all my flight info was there and correct - and I got to change my seat. 14B - and so far - 14A is empty!
Old Jul 3, 2012, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by GmK
Enter your PNR or Ticketnumber and make sure to write your first name with the addition of MR or MRS (!), like BobMR or StephanieMRS, as sometimes your first name is printed like that on the eticket.

Thank you!

I have the same issue and looking for a way to solve my matter I found your post...it works! ^

Did you have any trouble boarding with your name printed with the addition of "MR" or "MRS"?

I'm afraid I'll be rejected at security gates
Old Jul 3, 2012, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by geordie986
Thank you!

I have the same issue and looking for a way to solve my matter I found your post...it works! ^

Did you have any trouble boarding with your name printed with the addition of "MR" or "MRS"?

I'm afraid I'll be rejected at security gates
You'll have no issues.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by JGfromOC
You'll have no issues.
Thanks, I'm more relaxed now
Old Jul 3, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: United 1K; AA EXP; Delta Plat Medallion; Starwood Plat
Tried your suggestion, entering my PNR and then eticket number and got a message indicating that my seat asignment could not be processed as flight info entered is not found. My flight is in two weeks. Hope this is not the beginning of more problems with Alitalia

Originally Posted by GmK

Old Jul 3, 2012, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by Upperdeck744
Tried your suggestion, entering my PNR and then eticket number and got a message indicating that my seat asignment could not be processed as flight info entered is not found. My flight is in two weeks. Hope this is not the beginning of more problems with Alitalia
If you want to change your seat this far out you have to call AZ directly, otherwise, you'll be able to change your seat once OLCI opens up for your flight.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 6:56 pm

Programs: United 1K; AA EXP; Delta Plat Medallion; Starwood Plat
If you want to change your seat this far out you have to call AZ directly, otherwise, you'll be able to change your seat once OLCI opens up for your flight.
Thanks for the follow up. AZ tries their best to make it hard for you don't they
Old Jul 4, 2012, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I just checked in for my AZ flight online today and was taken to an AF site - totally weird. Didn't care though, all my flight info was there and correct - and I got to change my seat. 14B - and so far - 14A is empty!
I think I managed a new record! Flying tomorrow NCE-FCO-JFK-ORD (all AZ numbers, metal is AZ, AZ, DL). Went to check in on alitalia.com, entered reservation number was taken to airfrance.com, which says can't check me in so I should click on the link to be taken to partner airline to find myself on klm.com which said it could not check me in and took me automatically to delta.com which gives my flights but says I need to check in on partner airline website when I click... to be taken on alitalia.com with an error message!!!! Oh well... (same with e-tix number etc or when I start directly from airfrance, klm, or delta)
Old Jul 5, 2012, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I think I managed a new record! Flying tomorrow NCE-FCO-JFK-ORD (all AZ numbers, metal is AZ, AZ, DL). Went to check in on alitalia.com, entered reservation number was taken to airfrance.com, which says can't check me in so I should click on the link to be taken to partner airline to find myself on klm.com which said it could not check me in and took me automatically to delta.com which gives my flights but says I need to check in on partner airline website when I click... to be taken on alitalia.com with an error message!!!! Oh well... (same with e-tix number etc or when I start directly from airfrance, klm, or delta)
Yeah, AZ's system is insane. My outbound flight to Italy was OLCI via AF on an AF boarding pass and return to LAX was via AZ's website on AZ boarding pass.

At least the service is good once you're on their metal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.