FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alitalia | MilleMiglia (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alitalia-millemiglia-635/)
-   -   Why Can't I View My Reservation on Alitalia Website? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alitalia-millemiglia/1357038-why-cant-i-view-my-reservation-alitalia-website.html)

InTokyo Jun 15, 2012 11:02 am

Why Can't I View My Reservation on Alitalia Website?

Anyone know why I can't pull up my reservation on alitalia.com?
How do modify it or change my seats?

What am I doing wrong!!!!!?

JGfromOC Jun 15, 2012 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by InTokyo (Post 18762282)

It's just how their site is. If you want to change your seat you'll have to call them.

upgradeluvr Jun 15, 2012 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by InTokyo (Post 18762282)

You're doing nothing wrong. Alitalia refuses to join the 21st century, as most of their competitors have, by permitting easy access to ones reservations.

Like most things in Italy, lots of red tape to maneuver though in order to remedy a simple task. It's an old world mentality for a third world country.

Unfortunately, you will need to call the airline...to request seat assignments and alter your reservation.

mahanaloa Jun 15, 2012 6:33 pm

It's because of that sneaky wabbit:D

GmK Jun 19, 2012 3:36 am

Enter your PNR or Ticketnumber and make sure to write your first name with the addition of MR or MRS (!), like BobMR or StephanieMRS, as sometimes your first name is printed like that on the eticket.

Works for me (doesnt work when I omit the MR)

767-322ETOPS Jun 21, 2012 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by upgradeluvr (Post 18764386)
Like most things in Italy, lots of red tape to maneuver though in order to remedy a simple task. It's an old world mentality for a third world country.

Why have a computer do something when 8 people can do the same thing? :D

JGfromOC Jun 21, 2012 5:23 pm

I just checked in for my AZ flight online today and was taken to an AF site - totally weird. Didn't care though, all my flight info was there and correct - and I got to change my seat. 14B - and so far - 14A is empty! :D

geordie986 Jul 3, 2012 6:15 am

Originally Posted by GmK (Post 18780947)
Enter your PNR or Ticketnumber and make sure to write your first name with the addition of MR or MRS (!), like BobMR or StephanieMRS, as sometimes your first name is printed like that on the eticket.

Thank you!

I have the same issue and looking for a way to solve my matter I found your post...it works! ^

Did you have any trouble boarding with your name printed with the addition of "MR" or "MRS"?

I'm afraid I'll be rejected at security gates :confused:

JGfromOC Jul 3, 2012 11:09 am

Originally Posted by geordie986 (Post 18862537)
Thank you!

I have the same issue and looking for a way to solve my matter I found your post...it works! ^

Did you have any trouble boarding with your name printed with the addition of "MR" or "MRS"?

I'm afraid I'll be rejected at security gates :confused:

You'll have no issues.

geordie986 Jul 3, 2012 11:42 am

Originally Posted by JGfromOC (Post 18864261)
You'll have no issues.

Thanks, I'm more relaxed now :)

Upperdeck744 Jul 3, 2012 2:47 pm

Tried your suggestion, entering my PNR and then eticket number and got a message indicating that my seat asignment could not be processed as flight info entered is not found. My flight is in two weeks. Hope this is not the beginning of more problems with Alitalia:rolleyes:

Originally Posted by GmK (Post 18780947)

JGfromOC Jul 3, 2012 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by Upperdeck744 (Post 18865549)
Tried your suggestion, entering my PNR and then eticket number and got a message indicating that my seat asignment could not be processed as flight info entered is not found. My flight is in two weeks. Hope this is not the beginning of more problems with Alitalia:rolleyes:

If you want to change your seat this far out you have to call AZ directly, otherwise, you'll be able to change your seat once OLCI opens up for your flight.

Upperdeck744 Jul 3, 2012 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by JGfromOC (Post 18866186)
If you want to change your seat this far out you have to call AZ directly, otherwise, you'll be able to change your seat once OLCI opens up for your flight.

Thanks for the follow up. AZ tries their best to make it hard for you don't they :rolleyes:

orbitmic Jul 4, 2012 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by JGfromOC (Post 18798229)
I just checked in for my AZ flight online today and was taken to an AF site - totally weird. Didn't care though, all my flight info was there and correct - and I got to change my seat. 14B - and so far - 14A is empty! :D

I think I managed a new record! :) Flying tomorrow NCE-FCO-JFK-ORD (all AZ numbers, metal is AZ, AZ, DL). Went to check in on alitalia.com, entered reservation number was taken to airfrance.com, which says can't check me in so I should click on the link to be taken to partner airline to find myself on klm.com which said it could not check me in and took me automatically to delta.com which gives my flights but says I need to check in on partner airline website when I click... to be taken on alitalia.com with an error message!!!! :D Oh well... (same with e-tix number etc or when I start directly from airfrance, klm, or delta)

JGfromOC Jul 5, 2012 11:25 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 18871130)
I think I managed a new record! :) Flying tomorrow NCE-FCO-JFK-ORD (all AZ numbers, metal is AZ, AZ, DL). Went to check in on alitalia.com, entered reservation number was taken to airfrance.com, which says can't check me in so I should click on the link to be taken to partner airline to find myself on klm.com which said it could not check me in and took me automatically to delta.com which gives my flights but says I need to check in on partner airline website when I click... to be taken on alitalia.com with an error message!!!! :D Oh well... (same with e-tix number etc or when I start directly from airfrance, klm, or delta)

Yeah, AZ's system is insane. My outbound flight to Italy was OLCI via AF on an AF boarding pass and return to LAX was via AZ's website on AZ boarding pass.

At least the service is good once you're on their metal.