Wiki Posts
Search

AZ tickets not issued

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2012, 9:23 am
Original Poster

AZ tickets not issued

Hello!
I'm new here and I just think I got into a biiig problem.
Few hours ago I successfully booked 4 tickets from OTP to BCN , with a stopover in ROME on www.alitalia.com . Of course I got the e-tickets for all the 4 passengers and got them in a mail message too.
But now , after introducing the reservation code they gave me (I introduced it in here http://www.alitalia.com/ru_en/BOOKING/Apvsearch.aspx) it appears that the ticket has not been issued , the reservation expires on 06/04/2012 alle 12:04

My credit card has been charged , I don't have the money anymore in my bank account and after talking to the bank , they've told me that the payment is still in the waiting process(but obviously , the money is not on my credit card)

What's worse is that alitalia's customer support service is off until monday and I can't get in touch with them.
If ANY of you experienced something like this before , please tell me if you got through! And if so , how? Did you finally get your ticket? Will I be able to retrieve my money if the reservation expires?

THANKS A LOT!
regards

Last edited by danny252; Apr 25, 2012 at 2:45 am
Old Apr 6, 2012, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Misc. others
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

If you just booked "a few hours ago" I would suggest waiting it out.

When you look at your confirmation, are there ticket numbers? There should be a number that starts with 055 for each traveler. If you have that, then don't worry, you have tickets. Sometimes it takes awhile for the system to completely process the purchase.

Also, if you have Skype you can call the Italian customer care #: +390665649, but I don't know if they'll be open this weekend either.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: SkyMiles Diamond, TK Elite, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Don't worry. AZ website is not very reliable about this. I have also note "Status:the ticket has not been issued , the reservation expires on ...." on my both reservations with AZ and both tickets were already issued.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up

I managed somehow to get in touch with alitalia and they confirmed that every passenger has his ticket!^
Thanks for posting guys , I'm really grateful!

Well , I have another question for those who know FCO(FIUMICINO) airport. When I'll return from BCN , I will have a stopover in FCO and only 1h5' between the flights! I asked alitalia about this before booking and they told me that everything is going to be fine. But after reading some posts around here , I think I'm starting to regret I didn't choose the fare with 6-7hours between the connecting flights. Any thoughts?
THANKS!
regards
Old Apr 7, 2012, 7:02 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by danny252
Well , I have another question for those who know FCO(FIUMICINO) airport. When I'll return from BCN , I will have a stopover in FCO and only 1h5' between the flights!
1 hour is more than enough, and in any case if you bought a single itinerary in case you miss your flight you will be reaccomodated on the later one.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 7:18 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
I managed somehow to get in touch with alitalia and they confirmed that every passenger has his ticket!^
Pleased to hear your tickets are all OK. Unfortunately, there does seem to be known glitch with the AZ website:
Checking AZ Reservation Online
Alitalia - reservation not issued??

which is alarming when you first see it - but actually nothing to worry about.

When I'll return from BCN , I will have a stopover in FCO and only 1h5' between the flights! I asked alitalia about this before booking and they told me that everything is going to be fine. But after reading some posts around here , I think I'm starting to regret I didn't choose the fare with 6-7hours between the connecting flights.
The published minimum connection time is 45mins, so you should be fine. It seems you have to go from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3, which is a bit of a walk (although the terminals are all inter-connected), and through passport control (I think there's also a security check, but I can't remember for sure). However, as long as you don't hang around (and don't get unlucky with any massive queues) you should be fine. And of course, if your inbound flight is significantly delayed for any reason, then AZ should rebook you on the next flight to OTP anyway.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 7:03 pm

An hour is fine, especially because you'll be coming from BCN, so you'll already be inside the Schengen zone, so you'll be a bit closer, and won't have to deal with passport control.

I've made a connection arriving at the 'H' gates and leaving from the 'B' gates (and yes, they're as far apart as they sound) in 25 minutes, including dealing with the remote bus, security, passport control, etc.

You won't want to dawdle, just in case, but I wouldn't worry about it.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 1:08 am
Original Poster

Thanks a lot for your answers!!
Old Apr 8, 2012, 2:54 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Originally Posted by tebfunk
An hour is fine, especially because you'll be coming from BCN, so you'll already be inside the Schengen zone, so you'll be a bit closer, and won't have to deal with passport control.
It seems Romania (and hence OTP) are still outside of Schengen. So, I thought there was an outbound passport check (which should be straightforward) as you enter Terminal 3 (when coming from Terminals 1 and 2). However, I might be entirely wrong about this.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by KQ321
It seems Romania (and hence OTP) are still outside of Schengen. So, I thought there was an outbound passport check (which should be straightforward) as you enter Terminal 3 (when coming from Terminals 1 and 2). However, I might be entirely wrong about this.
Sorry, you're absolutely right. I saw BCN and didn't read closely enough!

danny252, on your outbound flight you will arrive in Terminal 3, go through security, go through passport control, then walk to Terminal 1. On your return, it will be the opposite, but you shouldn't have to go through security again. You should still have plenty of time - sorry for any confusion!
Old Apr 9, 2012, 3:02 am

Programs: FB MM
Same problem here. Same route OTP-FCO-BCN and back. I've searched for my reservation here (http://www.alitalia.com/IT_IT/booking/apvsearch.aspx) and guess what...Ticket not issued, however if I log in using the e-ticket number instead of the reservation code, the tickets are issued. Called Alitalia in Romania and they said everything is allright. I would like to know if it's possible to get the miles from this journey on my FB account instead of Alitalia, since I'm very close to Silver on FB. Is it possible just to present my FB card at check-in?
Old Apr 9, 2012, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by RwO09
Same problem here. Same route OTP-FCO-BCN and back. I've searched for my reservation here (http://www.alitalia.com/IT_IT/booking/apvsearch.aspx) and guess what...Ticket not issued, however if I log in using the e-ticket number instead of the reservation code, the tickets are issued. Called Alitalia in Romania and they said everything is allright. I would like to know if it's possible to get the miles from this journey on my FB account instead of Alitalia, since I'm very close to Silver on FB. Is it possible just to present my FB card at check-in?
Yes - if you check in online there will be a drop-down menu to select FlyingBlue and enter your number. If you check in at the airport they should be able to adjust it for you as well.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 5:38 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Make sure the fare class actually earns miles with the FB programme though. Most international flights do, but Alitalia is known to have a few here-and-there that don't earn anything.

http://partnersearch.ehn.klm.com/nl_...l=5&p=0&eb=all
Old Apr 15, 2012, 2:15 am
Original Poster

One little question:
Since I didn't download the .pdf form of the Receipt(I got it only by e-mail), is it okay if I print that one and show it at the check-in desk along with my ID?
thanks!
Old Apr 15, 2012, 5:13 am

You don't need to print anything. The check-in agents only need your name and destination to check you in succesfully. The booking reference and other information is only to access your reservation online or if issues arise. You can always jot it down just in case, of course.

Last edited by bungler; Apr 15, 2012 at 5:46 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.