Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alchohol on LAX-FCO-IST

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2012, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by JGfromOC
recent rumors that AF is going to buyout AZ in 2013
age-old rumour, and unlikely to be true, even according to latest talks on AC.com.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: DL PM | Marriott Gold | Alaska Gold
Originally Posted by bungler
age-old rumour, and unlikely to be true, even according to latest talks on AC.com.
Yeah, fair enough - hard to keep up with all the rumors lately
Old Mar 21, 2012, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
Economy plus is free for Gold domestically. It cost $80 regular price for non-medallion on overseas for Delta, $60 silver, $40 Gold, and free for plats and diamonds.
Well I would double-check with AZ because for them, DL status seems to mean very, very little. Hopefully that will be changing, but at least for my trip my DL status is getting me nowhere.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
I think I will hold off as I wonder if they will add some kind of benefit for Sky Team Elite + folks? To my knowledge, we are not yet entitled to anything, but wonder if this will change?
Since Alitalia's own top tier elites have no benefits for seating at the time of booking, I wouldn't hold my breath.

The only benefit we have is that we can select exit rows for free during check-in.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 5:36 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Economy plus is free for Gold domestically. It cost $80 regular price for non-medallion on overseas for Delta, $60 silver, $40 Gold, and free for plats and diamonds.
Economy+ on Delta is similar to Economy Comfort on KLM, and it's just extra legroom.

Economy+ on Air France and Alitalia is a different, separate cabin, with different seating, some additional service, a toiletry kit, and is not, and will never, be offered for "free" to anybody, obviously.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 5:37 pm

Well I would double-check with AZ because for them, DL status seems to mean very, very little. Hopefully that will be changing, but at least for my trip my DL status is getting me nowhere.
Alitalia honors Delta status according to skyteam rules, exactly as Delta does with Alitalia status. Would you please elaborate on your remark?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by raistlin
Alitalia honors Delta status according to skyteam rules, exactly as Delta does with Alitalia status. Would you please elaborate on your remark?
Status perhaps, but not miles - that was my point really. I tried to use DL Skymiles to upgrade my AZ flight and was told I couldn't - even though I can earn Skymiles on an AZ flight. Didn't make much sense to me.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Status perhaps, but not miles - that was my point really. I tried to use DL Skymiles to upgrade my AZ flight and was told I couldn't - even though I can earn Skymiles on an AZ flight. Didn't make much sense to me.
Well, I would not be able to use Skymiles to upgrade a similar delta flight with the same fare class! Has anyone had success upgrading alitalia with Skymiles?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 3:00 pm

Well, I would not be able to use Skymiles to upgrade a similar delta flight with the same fare class! Has anyone had success upgrading alitalia with Skymiles?
Alitalia does NOT participate in the Skyteam upgrades (so it does not work either way, upgrading on DL is impossible for me). In any case, the full-fare ticket needed for a skyteam upgrade usually costs more than a discounted business ticket.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 4:39 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by raistlin
Economy+ on Delta is similar to Economy Comfort on KLM, and it's just extra legroom.

Economy+ on Air France and Alitalia is a different, separate cabin, with different seating, some additional service, a toiletry kit, and is not, and will never, be offered for "free" to anybody, obviously.
Exactly

Economy + on delta has nothing to do with "premium economy"

Classica + on AZ have MUCH bigger TV screens, larger seats, much more leg room and separate cabin

NOBODY gets upgraded by right unless you use an AZ upgrade sticker for freccia alata + members
Old Apr 4, 2012, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by terminalfive
Exactly

Economy + on delta has nothing to do with "premium economy"

Classica + on AZ have MUCH bigger TV screens, larger seats, much more leg room and separate cabin

NOBODY gets upgraded by right unless you use an AZ upgrade sticker for freccia alata + members
Any way to buy up? I'd be willing to pay a few hundred to move up....
Old Apr 4, 2012, 5:32 pm

Any way to buy up? I'd be willing to pay a few hundred to move up....
You could luck out and they might sell some last-minute upgrades at check-in kind of like Virgin America does. This is a long shot though.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 1:16 am

You could luck out and they might sell some last-minute upgrades at check-in kind of like Virgin America does. This is a long shot though.
Usually they don't, they did it a few times reportedly at US outstations, selling Magnifica seats, but that's very unusual for AZ.

You can call and ask for the fare difference to upgrade.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 7:21 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by bungler
Have you already flown in an AZ 3-4-3 777? Was it really fine?
I have flown an NZ 777 in 3-4-3. It was the worst economy experience of my entire life. I will never fly a 777 in that configuration ever again. I'd simply rather not go than be caught in that situation. It is horrible.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 5:23 pm

Programs: Delta GM, ST E+, SPG Gold
I'm flying to Florence for business in May. Company booked me on Alitalia due to the directness of flights....lax-fco-flr. I'm curious to experience AZ in flight service. I understand they have a premium economy section which is slowly being installed on the 777 fleet.

Two years ago, I flew Alitalia JFK to FCO. They give you free beer and wine only. No other libations. Food was decent, but lukewarm. The cabin was in horrendous condition...duct tape to patch the leather seats....seams in the carpet.

It is AZ, so I'm not expecting much. I'm also on the november mileage run to IST.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.