Search

Recent flight on AZ605 JFK - MXP in J

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2012, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Thumbs up Recent flight on AZ605 JFK - MXP in J

Had a very good flight the other night ex JFK on new A330

Unfortunately no photos but I promise once to do a proper TR!!

JFK was a real mess on Sat evening - COMPLETELY full with massive queues (2 A380's, one AF one LH leaving at similar times to AZ605 didn't help) so I didn't expect what was going to happen...

LOUNGE
Its OK - nothing special but I like the spacious feel

BOARDING
Boarding was called very very early - at around 1800

DEPARTURE
First time ever on AZ the plane left THIRTY minutes early!!!!

FLIGHT
Excellent. Love the J product on A330. In a different league to other skyteam J seats. I mean you really can't compare this to AF or KL. Similar to DL 764 new BusinessFirst but I prefer the TV screen on AZ
Slept well but also enjoyed seat in "sitting" position

AVOD
Sorry Bungler and Raistlin - was thinking of you and although screen is huge and film selection is OK AZ is no way near as good as EY.. Has about 20% of the films of Etihad but still all good

FOOD
Business was packed (no spare seats) so portions weren't great but I liked the Basilicata menu. The Red was fine - had a couple of glasses^

ARRIVAL
Wait for it.... 65 MINUTES EARLY IN MALPENSA!!!! By 920 (arrival time) was already past Novara..

Great trip - if you can ALWAYS go for the A330 - great J cabin^
Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:55 am

cool.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 5:31 am

My aunt was on that exact flight (but in Y). The flight left so early to JFK standards, that her name was called on the loudspeaker to board the flight quickly, and upon arrival at MXP she had to wait for us to pick her up for 1 hour!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Riccardo92
My aunt was on that exact flight (but in Y). The flight left so early to JFK standards, that her name was called on the loudspeaker to board the flight quickly, and upon arrival at MXP she had to wait for us to pick her up for 1 hour!
It really was wierd. I mean I boarded at around 1810 (55 minutes before scheduled departure) and I was one of the last on!!!!

The other wierd thing was that the Captain never mentioned the early departure and / or early arrival. We arrived @ 815 and all we got was "Benvenuti all'aereoporto di Milano Malpensa, ora locale 815..."

Ragazzii!!!!!

One hour early and I'd mention it...

We were parked on an apron but the bus in three minutes had us inside the terminal - my bag was the first out and voilà at around 830 I was out of MXP...

What did your aunt think of Y on new A330? Was service OK?

Have flown Y+ and J on new A330 but never Y (neither on AP plane..). Only flown Y with AZ on 763 and 777
Old Feb 25, 2012, 4:26 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by terminalfive
JFK was a real mess on Sat evening - COMPLETELY full with massive queues
You made use of the J lane (entrance from the front, as opposed to the sides of the security checkpoint), didn't you?
Old Feb 27, 2012, 8:32 am

She taught it was a very good product, but she's always flown on American airliners where the service isn't as good, so it was a huge leap in quality for her, specially having personal IFE which she never saw before
Old Mar 1, 2012, 8:23 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Had a very good flight the other night ex JFK on new A330

Unfortunately no photos but I promise once to do a proper TR!!

JFK was a real mess on Sat evening - COMPLETELY full with massive queues (2 A380's, one AF one LH leaving at similar times to AZ605 didn't help) so I didn't expect what was going to happen...

LOUNGE
Its OK - nothing special but I like the spacious feel

BOARDING
Boarding was called very very early - at around 1800

DEPARTURE
First time ever on AZ the plane left THIRTY minutes early!!!!

FLIGHT
Excellent. Love the J product on A330. In a different league to other skyteam J seats. I mean you really can't compare this to AF or KL. Similar to DL 764 new BusinessFirst but I prefer the TV screen on AZ
Slept well but also enjoyed seat in "sitting" position

AVOD
Sorry Bungler and Raistlin - was thinking of you and although screen is huge and film selection is OK AZ is no way near as good as EY.. Has about 20% of the films of Etihad but still all good

FOOD
Business was packed (no spare seats) so portions weren't great but I liked the Basilicata menu. The Red was fine - had a couple of glasses^

ARRIVAL
Wait for it.... 65 MINUTES EARLY IN MALPENSA!!!! By 920 (arrival time) was already past Novara..

Great trip - if you can ALWAYS go for the A330 - great J cabin^
The fact that portions weren't big because J was packed is scary... given the premium customers pay for those seats, this is certainly worrisome...
Old Mar 1, 2012, 1:33 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by oneworld82
The fact that portions weren't big because J was packed is scary... given the premium customers pay for those seats, this is certainly worrisome...
I would say it's also strange, since I have always been in completely full C cabins with no small portions...
Old Mar 1, 2012, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

I eat quite a lot so my small portions probably aren't the same as others!! (-:

Food was decent though
Old Mar 3, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: AZ Exec, FB PFL, OneWorld Sapphire, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum, Avis/Hertz President
Originally Posted by oneworld82
The fact that portions weren't big because J was packed is scary...
Oh Dear...

Ulxima
Old Mar 4, 2012, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Ragazzi - it happens all the time that food runs out in J on ALL carriers.. On a choice of 2/3 starters and Main coursea if everyone wants the same meal..
On a few J transatlantic flights ex LHR with VS they've run out of Champagne!!!
Old Mar 4, 2012, 5:19 am

Programs: AZ Exec, FB PFL, OneWorld Sapphire, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum, Avis/Hertz President
Ragazzi - it happens all the time that food runs out in J on ALL carriers
T5, any decent FQTV (or supposed to be) knows it.
Yet it is good to remind it, old chestnuts are always present.

Ulxima
Old Mar 4, 2012, 5:22 am

Programs: NW-PE (ret.) DL-Diamond & 1M, Hertz #1, UA-1P
Just arrived FCO from JFK on AZ 611 (heading back on AZ 610 in 45 minutes) and had a similar experience with the A330, though in Y.

It was most definitely a pleasant surprise to have AVOD and a new AC.

Departed right on time, but arrived 50 minutes early--a sustained tail wind of nearly 200MPH helped.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Nice to see they actually have updated planes on this route. Not what I got to experience on AZ604 less than 2 months ago ...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alita...ts-2012-a.html
Old Mar 4, 2012, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Desdinova
Just arrived FCO from JFK on AZ 611 (heading back on AZ 610 in 45 minutes) and had a similar experience with the A330, though in Y.

It was most definitely a pleasant surprise to have AVOD and a new AC.
Why would someone do this especially in Y, MR??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.