Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Train Ride in Alaska...If You Turn 50 This Year

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2009, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Free Train Ride in Alaska...If You Turn 50 This Year

Just saw this and thought I would pass it along in case it interests anyone. Unfortunately, I am too old to take advantage of the offer.

http://www.alaskarailroad.com/arrc1038.html

Turn 50 with Us!
Celebrate your 50th birthday with Alaska!

The Alaska Railroad invites anyone who turns 50 in 2009 to take one free ride for a day on the Alaska Railroad.

Travel from Anchorage or Fairbanks on the Denali Star and visit beautiful Denali National Park. Or, take the Coastal Classic and follow the curves of Cook Inlet as you wind your way from Anchorage to Seward on the shores of Resurrection Bay. Another great trip is the Glacier Discovery, which travels to Whittier and then deep into Grandview, where no car can go.

No matter which train you choose, you can add on activities for an amazing day trip, or choose to take a whole vacation. Visit our Rail Tours page for all the options, and check our Fares & Schedules page for rail fares, dates, and times of travel.

50th Birthday must fall between Jan. 1, 2009 and Dec. 31, 2009, to take advantage of this offer. This offer is valid for travel in Adventure Class Service only on Denali Star, Coastal Classic, Glacier Discovery, Hurricane, and Aurora Winter train, roundtrip or one-way, all in one day.

We will begin taking bookings for 2009 in fall of 2008.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 1:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Thanks for posting this Cornroaster!

My dad turns 50 this year... and it should work out ok as he is in ANC... but I might have to pick him up then and drive him back

I'm wondering if this is a promotion tied to the 50th Anniversary of Alaska's Statehood... 50 years today!!!
Old Jan 16, 2009, 4:43 am

Programs: UA Premier Executive, US, LH, DL
Watch out for Palin!
Old Jan 16, 2009, 9:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
They are also giving 20% off for Alaskan's and military:
http://www.akrr.com/arrc51.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.