Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Coupon books?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2010, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

fti --

Yes, you are definitely correct that some of the merchants have pretty tight control over the promos (like, as you said, limiting redemption to one a day).

And you are wise to "plan ahead." I called one raft trip operator about 2 months ahead of a planned excursion and they said they were already full up for that time period at the discounted rate.

Perhaps the best long term solution is a lower priced book with a lower discount (not 2 for 1) that both merchants and consumers would be comfortable with.

In the meantime, it's definitely wise to plan ahead and -- share a book!

BTW, I've heard rumors that the author is thinking of changing his system and issuing an "ID card" with the book that would have to match your name. This would eliminate sharing, and the resale market.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:46 am

used NL book

I just got back from Alaska - great trip! I have a used NL book. It would be cheaper for postage if I just sent the coupons you need instead of the whole book. Please send me private message to let me know what you need. We can work out payment through Pay Pal.
The coupons I used are:
Alyeska Tram
Major Marine Prince William Sound
Alaska Railroad Anchorage to Seward
Matanuska whitewater rafting
Seward Sea Life Center (but there is still a bogo for admission plus behind the scenes ($35) and for the encounters).
Old Jun 21, 2010, 11:47 am

Hi,

I am just back from Alaska after a week of Vacation.

I have both Northern Lights and Tour Saver coupon books. Tour Saver is ONLY used for "ElDorado Gold Mine Tour" in Fairbanks. So I can say it's unused. We used northen lights for couple of Hotels and trips. Some of them have multiple coupons so you can still use them.

Please let me know if anybody is interested in those books. I can send you both for reasonable price.

Thanks,
Yarleey.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 5:06 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by yarleey
Hi,

I have both Northern Lights and Tour Saver coupon books. Tour Saver is ONLY used for "ElDorado Gold Mine Tour" in Fairbanks. So I can say it's unused.
You can say that again. I took the El Dorado Gold Mine tour last year and I would never go again...even if it were free. A 2 hour "tour", one hour of which is spent trapped in their gift shop. We tried to walk back to the entrance (50 yards max) and were shooed back by one of their employees. Never again. This place screams TOURIST TRAP.

I would have been interested in your books but I just got my used ones in the mail today and got them for less than half price, shipping included.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 5:08 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sara_smile
It would be cheaper for postage if I just sent the coupons you need instead of the whole book.
The problem with that is often I pass through a town and say, "I wonder if there is a food coupon for a place here." Or something like that. So personally I like to have the entire book. But I already have mine, so I would not be interested in yours!
Old Jun 21, 2010, 5:10 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iahphx
BTW, I've heard rumors that the author is thinking of changing his system and issuing an "ID card" with the book that would have to match your name. This would eliminate sharing, and the resale market.
Where did you hear this? From one of the vendors in the book?

It would depend on whether the vendors would check the ID card or not, but hard to know ahead of time so most people would not chance it.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 5:48 pm

used book

I can send the whole book too if that's what people prefer, just let me know
Old Jun 21, 2010, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by sara_smile
I can send the whole book too if that's what people prefer, just let me know
You might want to post an ad on Ebay as well if you want to reach to a larger audience. I did the same and my book was gone in no time.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 3:51 pm

Used N.L. Book

Hi All-
Am Going to Anchorage and Seward area in August. Didn't have a book last time I was there and would love to buy a used one for this trip. Please let me know if anyone has one available. Anne from Pa.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 11:16 am

Slightly used NLC book available

Annelis and anyone else interested:

I have a Northern Lights book that is good through 10/14/2010 that still has a lot of life left. I wound up not using any of the Alaska Railroad coupons I planned to, or any of the car rental coupons. I used a few of the hotel coupons and some dining coupons, but on the whole there are a ton of restaurant ones for the Anchorage/Wasilla region and lots of museum/attraction and tour boats ones like Major Marine and Prince William Sound.

I would recommend a rafting trip on the Kenai, and the Resurrection Bay only vs. full Kenai Fjords tour if you're also doing Prince William Sound.

Email me on Yahoo to Jimstacy68 if you're interested.

Last edited by fierte; Jul 12, 2010 at 11:17 am Reason: misspelled words
Old Jul 26, 2010, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by yarleey
Hi,

I have both Northern Lights and Tour Saver coupon books. Tour Saver is ONLY used for "ElDorado Gold Mine Tour" in Fairbanks. So I can say it's unused. We used northen lights for couple of Hotels and trips. Some of them have multiple coupons so you can still use them.

Please let me know if anybody is interested in those books. I can send you both for reasonable price.

Thanks,
Yarleey.
Yarlee, do you still have the books? would like to buy them from you if you do.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA GOLD,DELTA DM, IC RA , HILTON GOLD, NAT. EE
alaska coupon book

I am planning a trip for a couple of friends , in early Sept. to ANC , Seward and Denali...very interested in a coupon book that has 2 for 1 on Kenai boat tours , Denali tours , Mahay's boat , car rental , or other discounts. Please connect if you have one for sale . Thanks,
Old Aug 4, 2010, 5:10 pm

Programs: qantas airnz
Originally Posted by darby1970
I am planning a trip for a couple of friends , in early Sept. to ANC , Seward and Denali...very interested in a coupon book that has 2 for 1 on Kenai boat tours , Denali tours , Mahay's boat , car rental , or other discounts. Please connect if you have one for sale . Thanks,
Please see my post at
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...ok-2010-a.html.

If you are still interested please pm me
Old Aug 5, 2010, 8:41 am

I am going to Alaska in early September and need a Kenai Fjord Tours 2for1 coupon. Let me know if anyone still has the book. THanks
Old Aug 5, 2010, 1:39 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am planning on selling my Toursaver and Northern Lights books on EBay. I will be returning on Aug 31. Both books have some coupons missing. Retail value of both books is $150 plus shipping. I am willing to let them go for $75 total including shipping.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.