Wiki Posts
Search

Fishing Charter options ?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2008, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: dl pm, *wood gold, amex plat, marriott silver
Fishing Charter options ?

I am talking another extended MR this weekend and need a little help. I did a similiar run in December but we focused on some winter activities. I am planning on taking the long but scenic drive from Anc to Homer for two days of fishing but not sure which charters are better than others. Can any of you help me out.
Old May 5, 2008, 9:46 pm

Programs: DL MM, AS Gold, Marriott Plat, SPG, ICH
A couple of summers ago, we (group of 3 including 1 avid fisherman and 2 along-for-the-ride types) went out with www.awardcharters.com. We loved it, and him. He's been fishing there for years, loves his business and his life, and we enjoyed the heck out of our 8 hours on the boat. Go to his website and read his story, then go to the calendar section, and read his results from last season. (He posts what they caught, and pictures--we sent the link to everyone back home and they got a huge kick out of it.) The boat's not big (seats only 6 passengers) but we would STRONGLY recommend Captain Bob.

Enjoy your trip to Homer--if you feel like being really adventurous, you can also go across the bay and take an ATV trip up the mountain and go fishing over there as well (www.atventures.com I think)
Old May 6, 2008, 6:24 pm

Recent Alaska Magazine article on Cap'n Bob:

http://www.a-wardcharters.com/Halibut%20Bob_AKM0208.pdf

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.