Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Post Your Baggage Service Guarantee Successes!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
Ways to claim a BSG:

1) In Person, find someone at the baggage counter or ticket area.

Update 6/5/2022: Requests for the Baggage Service Guarantee are now entered through the computer/iPad. Allow up to a week for the miles to post, then contact Customer Service.

Update 2018-11-10: Online requests, either via customer service or Twitter, are no longer reliable ways to request a BSG. The typical response now is they must be obtained in person at the airport from a baggage agent.

Print Wikipost

Post Your Baggage Service Guarantee Successes!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2010, 2:45 am

Programs: AC *SE, Westjet PLAT, UA Prem, Alaska MVP, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
06 Jul AS711 LAX-YVR Arrived at carousel at 9:05pm, my bag showed up at 9:35pm. Got 2 vouchers - no questions or hassles.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 3:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by fijaircan
06 Jul AS711 LAX-YVR Arrived at carousel at 9:05pm, my bag showed up at 9:35pm. Got 2 vouchers - no questions or hassles.
2 vouchers?

Was there 2 pax as its supposed to be 1 voucher max per pax?
Old Aug 1, 2010, 2:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: United Premier 1K, American AAdvantage Gold
20 Minute Baggage Guarantee-Sort Of

Yesterday, while waiting for my pet to be delivered at baggage claim at EWR, I observed a delay that went beyond 20 minutes. I jokingly mentioned to the Alaska agent something like, " I guess you'll be paying off big on this one" ."Oh no", she responded. "It's an equipment problem, so it's suspended". By the way, the agent was terrific, and even went down to the baggage area to check on Fido. Just thought it was a cute story.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 2:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Alaska clearly states that the baggage guarantee is voided when the delay was caused by circumstances out of their control. This is nothing new.

From what people are saying on here though, it seems AS has been really good about honoring the guarantee when it is valid. ^
Old Aug 1, 2010, 5:58 pm

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
There are some destinations in the system to where you will always get these miles (bags take forever). makes a super saver award an even sweeter deal.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 6:25 pm

anyone get this guaranee after leaving the airport?

(My ride couldn't wait any longer )
Old Aug 1, 2010, 9:35 pm
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
Collected on this in DCA last night, but as far as I could tell I was the only one who got it – I had to wait in line behind a luggage inquiry and ask the agent for it. He accidentally gave me two though, so it was definitely worth it.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:35 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
2,000 miles and a delivered bag this morning on AS 111 SEA-ANC. Apparently my bag showed up on time but got stuck in the machinery and came out with the bags on the next flight. i had already gone home.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 12:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
As posted somewhere else... AS870 was on time, stopped by the Skyclub upon arrival in HNL, and by the time I made it to the baggage claim the bags were not there (24 minutes after door opening)

3 certs collected, no issues with it either.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 8:49 am
Original Poster

AS871 this morning... T-22 minutes by the time I made it down from the BR... no bags (anywhere yet) so stopped by the ANC Bag counter and collected a cert. Now to redeem for miles or $ off now that it's 2K or $20 discount...
Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:10 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by BOB W
2,000 miles and a delivered bag this morning on AS 111 SEA-ANC. Apparently my bag showed up on time but got stuck in the machinery and came out with the bags on the next flight. i had already gone home.
a bag or a box?
Old Aug 2, 2010, 1:32 pm

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
with some of the low award levels available, a couple lost bags equals a free one way ticket.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 7:54 pm

Programs: DL Carbon
Flew last week on a DL re-route MSY-LAX-SEA instead of planned MSY-MEM-SEA. LAX-SEA (the AS segment) was a tight connect.

Bag did not arrive in SEA. AS had it delivered the next day. So I got 2,000 AS miles for what was likely a DL issue. ^
Old Aug 2, 2010, 8:54 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by missydarlin
a bag or a box?
The bag. The boxes showed up on time. The bag was delivered yesterday.^^
Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by BOB W
I'm surprised that they didn't say that it was an "equipment" problem and waive the bag guarantee. Seems to me that "stuck in the machinery" would be an equipment problem beyond AS's control.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.