Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Post Your Baggage Service Guarantee Successes!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
Ways to claim a BSG:

1) In Person, find someone at the baggage counter or ticket area.

Update 6/5/2022: Requests for the Baggage Service Guarantee are now entered through the computer/iPad. Allow up to a week for the miles to post, then contact Customer Service.

Update 2018-11-10: Online requests, either via customer service or Twitter, are no longer reliable ways to request a BSG. The typical response now is they must be obtained in person at the airport from a baggage agent.

Print Wikipost

Post Your Baggage Service Guarantee Successes!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2022, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jackal
Shockingly, baggage in King Salmon took well over 30 minutes to arrive on the belt. Staff there were clueless but Alaska was able to issue BSG compensation via Twitter.
You really Chinooked your way into that compensation!
Old Jul 25, 2022, 2:01 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Alaska baggage team for the win! We recently flew DPS-SIN-SFO on an SQ award ticket - couldn't get the award space from SFO-SEA so purchased a separate leg home. On arrival to SFO, bags were missing. SQ baggage people had no clue where it was and were generally unhelpful. They told us to report it to baggage claim at our final destination, despite it being on a different PNR. Skeptical. We arrived in SEA and dutifully reported it, and received a baggage credit for delayed baggage. Over the next two weeks, SQ sent updates saying they had no idea where the bags were (we were unable to contact ANYONE at SQ on the phone, via chat, or email). AS baggage people were easily available by phone, and they personally contacted the baggage departments at SFO, SIN and DPS on multiple occasions. Two weeks after we arrived home, AS brought us the bags, missing their bag tags completely though the priority tag was still on. Meanwhile, we continued to receive emails from SQ saying they had no idea where the luggage was.

I don't care about the mileage - it's the service that's priceless.
channa and PlowJockey like this.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 11:51 am

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by pcoll
AS 585.
LAX/ SEA
35 minutes before first first bags came off carousel. Ours were tagged Priority and came off last. (of course)
Contacted AS agent and told 7-10 days for discount code,
Nothing happened.
Wrote to Customer care after 7 days.
Checked accounts today , nothing added to account.
Decided to call. At this point, been on hold for 30 minutes ( your wait time is 6 minutes) and have been transferred twice. Fully expecting to have call just end, during hold.
Agent confirmed all information and could not issue code . Transferred to another Customer care agent and put on hold.
Call just ended. UGH !
Starting over ,” longest wait time is 11 minutes”. Not banking on that one either.
Finally got through again, she verified everything ,and AGAIN transferred me to Customer Service Relations. On Hold , this call dropped also. Gave up, not worth .
UPDATE
Received email today from Customer Care.
Nice email acknowledging baggage guarantee was not met on this flight and accounts should now reflect addition of code. Also thanked for loyalty and elite status.
So, just under 8 weeks for reply and resolution. Flight was June 29.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 4:14 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
AS 528 / LAS-SFO on 8.22

No bags on carousel 3 at 21min., walked 10 feet to baggage office, collected 2 paper certs, bags arrived at 24min.
pcoll and Bellerina like this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, AS
AS 372 / SEA-DFW

My husband and I were the first ones off the plane at exactly 12am, and bags from a Delta flight began to arrive on our carousel at 00:20. There was no counter agent (not surprising for a late night with DFW’s two AS gates), so I called customer service — no answer, so I sent a text. While waiting for a response, I found one AS employee at oversized bag claim who told me I’d have to wait until she’d finished everything else. A few minutes later, an agent texted me back and gave us $25 each, got the emails within 12 hrs. (3 of our 4 orange-tagged bags were among the last to come up at 00:37.)
Old Oct 16, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: MVPG75, Club 49, OWE, Hilton, Bonvoy, Enterprise Plus, MGM, AA, BA
I prefer the extra 2500 miles myself. We waited for about 40 minutes for our bags in BNA in Sept, priority tags, among the last to drop
I sent the text in and three weeks later, we were credited.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Flew into SFO last night around 9 PM. Looked like 5+ flights all arrived within 30 minutes of each other, none of the bags made it within 20 minutes. Shockingly, hardly anyone was in the baggage office to claim a paper voucher.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 2:15 pm

I was denied the baggage guarantee claim on Dec 3. Baggage rep at SeaTac said the guarantee didn't apply to weather events and the guarantee was being denied for flights all day, but there was no indication that there was an official weather event declared (the recent one was only Nov 29 - Dec 1).
Old Dec 6, 2022, 11:08 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
View From The Wing checks in with their comments on the matter.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 12:33 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by dave1013
View From The Wing checks in with their comments on the matter.
Originally Posted by Gary Leff
On the one hand a force majeure clause doesn’t seem unreasonable.

No, on both hands, it seems very reasonable.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA Gold 1MM (the unfriendly sky), Marriott Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz no longer
What's really embarrassing here for AS is not the fact they claim force majeure to suspend the guarantee, it is the ridiculous spelling mistakes on the sign.

Are AS employees completely illiterate?

I am flying out of SEA later today and will check to see if they corrected it or not.

Old Dec 6, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Yikes. Even worse if it's SEA. They could have easily had marketing make up some nice looking signs with the snowflake graphics that have language that is better than that.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 11:23 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
My bag (priority tagged) dropped at just after 24 mins at LAX yesterday. Walked over to the baggage office and was denied because the first bag dropped at 19 mins. Told her the guarantee says "your bags" not any bag, and she still persisted. I rolled my eyes and told her she's going against policy/I'll just get it from customer care online later.. First time seeing this from an actual AS staff member (vs contract staff at east coast outstation)
Old Jan 5, 2023, 11:58 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
My bag (priority tagged) dropped at just after 24 mins at LAX yesterday. Walked over to the baggage office and was denied because the first bag dropped at 19 mins. Told her the guarantee says "your bags" not any bag, and she still persisted. I rolled my eyes and told her she's going against policy/I'll just get it from customer care online later.. First time seeing this from an actual AS staff member (vs contract staff at east coast outstation)
So odd--LAX is always a sure bet with the constant baggage delays. They are usually good at giving it (though I will say November and December bags came out like 18-19 min. Please do report.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 12:32 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
I usually take the extra step of asking for their name/badge number so I can provide the details when I ask Customer Care to moderate and make a decision.
be_rettSEA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.