Wiki Posts
Search

Move to T6 at LAX?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2009, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska-MVP
Move to T6 at LAX?

I apologize if I missed a thread that already covered this topic; "LAX" is not permitted as a search term for some reason.

Has anyone heard rumors to the effect that AS is going to move from T3 to T6 at LAX? Brett Snyder (a.k.a. the Cranky Flier) mentions this possibility here:

http://industry.bnet.com/travel/1000...free-up-gates/

I for one would be happy to see a move out of T3, which is still a dump, even with the new carpeting. I appreciate the fast security lines at T3, but 777s bound for Australia will likely change that.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 5:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by isherwood
I apologize if I missed a thread that already covered this topic; "LAX" is not permitted as a search term for some reason.

Has anyone heard rumors to the effect that AS is going to move from T3 to T6 at LAX? Brett Snyder (a.k.a. the Cranky Flier) mentions this possibility here:

http://industry.bnet.com/travel/1000...free-up-gates/

I for one would be happy to see a move out of T3, which is still a dump, even with the new carpeting. I appreciate the fast security lines at T3, but 777s bound for Australia will likely change that.
Others, including another popular site have confirmed this. I have it on good authority this is all part of the expanded marketing agreement with Delta, and just general good sense for everyone involved at the airport.

I personally hate T3, and think it can't come quicker, regardless of security lines.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 5:09 pm

Programs: lots of little things
I have also heard from others, although definitely still a rumor, that we will be changing terminals in LAX
Old Feb 27, 2009, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska-MVP
NWA is moving from T2 to T5, as a part of the merger. So with American at T4, it would overall be more convenient for partner connections to be on the south side terminals.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by dc333
I have also heard from others, although definitely still a rumor, that we will be changing terminals in LAX
OT - AS is also moving around at SEA. AS will let go of all of the D gates and pick up all of the N gates instead, but perhaps this has already been discussed to death, and I just wasn't around then...
Old Feb 27, 2009, 5:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by rybob1
Originally Posted by dc333
OT - AS is also moving around at SEA. AS will let go of all of the D gates and pick up all of the N gates instead, but perhaps this has already been discussed to death, and I just wasn't around then...
I've heard the SEA move rumored as well. I personally would welcome it as D concourse isn't a very noteworthy facility for a major hub. And it would eliminate the dreaded C20-to-D11 connection.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Chugach
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I've heard the SEA move rumored as well. I personally would welcome it as D concourse isn't a very noteworthy facility for a major hub. And it would eliminate the dreaded C20-to-D11 connection.
Not only that, but the No Carpet Club would be a great place for another Bored Room (for those of us who like it dark without a view).
Old Feb 27, 2009, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Not only that, but the No Carpet Club would be a great place for another Bored Room (for those of us who like it dark without a view).
I don't see AS having two BR in SEA. Between the two, the one next to D is a better facility. I suspect AS might have to give up their existing BR at the corner of C/D and do something at N instead, I just can't see AS being OK with the underground setup that UA currently uses.

I don't want to hijack this thread, so I'll stop there.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 6:31 pm

The company put out a communication recently to all of the employees confirming both of these rumors.

Alaska has been working with the port in L.A. for a long time trying to find a better place to relocate to that makes better sense given the number of international flights they operate there. Terminal 6 is a natural, given the close proximity to both AA and DL/NW.

SEA facilities are changing as well. Alaska will be giving back the majority of D gates and taking over all of the N concourse. That would leave Alaska on the C concourse and the N concourse, with a minor presence in the D concourse I believe. I imagine, though I haven't see it in writing anywhere, that they would want to put a Boardroom on the N concourse. The Red Carpet Club is nice but it is definetely a dark space - I wonder if they would use that same space?
Old Feb 27, 2009, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
SEA facilities are changing as well. Alaska will be giving back the majority of D gates and taking over all of the N concourse. That would leave Alaska on the C concourse and the N concourse, with a minor presence in the D concourse I believe. I imagine, though I haven't see it in writing anywhere, that they would want to put a Boardroom on the N concourse. The Red Carpet Club is nice but it is definetely a dark space - I wonder if they would use that same space?
I don't know what other space is over there. The current BR is just too congested, and this may be why they haven't taken over the old AC in C. I just looked at the airport map and was surprised to see that N has more gates than D.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 7:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Elevate, AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I don't know what other space is over there. The current BR is just too congested, and this may be why they haven't taken over the old AC in C. I just looked at the airport map and was surprised to see that N has more gates than D.
Yeah, I keep wondering what's the deal with the Admirals Club in C. And if UA moves out of N, where are they moving to? I'd guess UA would run the NRT flight out of S, so maybe they'd just move the whole operation there, and then NW would relocate its domestic flights to A?

The problem is that several of the N gates are designed for wide-body operations. I could see AS repositioning those jetbridges to allow for more gates.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 7:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by EIPremier
Yeah, I keep wondering what's the deal with the Admirals Club in C. And if UA moves out of N, where are they moving to? I'd guess UA would run the NRT flight out of S, so maybe they'd just move the whole operation there, and then NW would relocate its domestic flights to A?

The problem is that several of the N gates are designed for wide-body operations. I could see AS repositioning those jetbridges to allow for more gates.
Although I don't think its official yet, UA will move to A, with NRT arrivals at S. I've also heard AA will move to D.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by sxf24
Although I don't think its official yet, UA will move to A, with NRT arrivals at S. I've also heard AA will move to D.
someone else besides AA will need to move to D - maybe US?
Old Feb 27, 2009, 8:13 pm

Programs: AS 75K, AS 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold Plus
I hate the "N" and "S" concourses. I love getting off the flight without taking escalators to a train, waiting for a train to arrive, getting off the train, up the stairs etc.

I really like just getting off the plane, walking to my car, and going home.

Just a pet peeve..
Old Feb 27, 2009, 8:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bzman
I hate the "N" and "S" concourses. I love getting off the flight without taking escalators to a train, waiting for a train to arrive, getting off the train, up the stairs etc.

I really like just getting off the plane, walking to my car, and going home.

Just a pet peeve..
I agree. However, N is far superior for connections. It should also help clean up the C2 mess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.