Wiki Posts
Search

Farewell Tim

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2008, 3:43 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Well, they are announcing layoffs this week. If Jenn or I aren't here on Monday, you'll know what happened
Old Aug 14, 2008, 3:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Another Tim spotting on OLCI!!!
Old Aug 14, 2008, 3:18 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Platinum, AVIS First, National Emerald Club
Tim's new job

Just spotted him on the tail of a Frontier jet heading to Denver. He now goes by the name Chocolate. He is happy to be flying around with his fellow furry friends.

N945FR-Bull Moose "Chocolate"
Old Aug 14, 2008, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by sigueugis
Just spotted him on the tail of a Frontier jet heading to Denver. He now goes by the name Chocolate. He is happy to be flying around with his fellow furry friends.

N945FR-Bull Moose "Chocolate"
Ohhh, Chocolate??? Reminds me of the Bird Cage, where the Senators last words were "the money's on the dresser, Chocolate."
Old Aug 14, 2008, 10:48 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Note to AS

Jenn is an underacheiver that deserves to be sent packing. She just hangs there with a stupid smile & can't answer many very simple questions. She would fit right in at UA or SW. Perhaps a community effort to buy lots of Moose Chow will convince AS that Tim is the more valuable one.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BOB W
Jenn is an underacheiver that deserves to be sent packing. She just hangs there with a stupid smile & can't answer many very simple questions. She would fit right in at UA or SW. Perhaps a community effort to buy lots of Moose Chow will convince AS that Tim is the more valuable one.
^

Jenn is an insult to technologists and a frustration to paying customers. Some sales rep sold AS a bill of goods.

Tim is fun.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 11:19 pm
Original Member

Programs: United Premier 1K, American AAdvantage Gold
I have it on good authority that there was a lengthy meeting held a few weeks ago, to discuss a change in mascots, however, management could not reach a consensus. Some wanted a weasel, to represent the sneaky changes to MP. Another faction wanted a pig, to reflect fare hikes. A jackass was rejected, for fear it would upset senior managers. Finally, a committee was formed to look at other alternatives. Last word on that was, it was considering outsourcing Tim, and bringing him back at half pay, via Menzies.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 12:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by deelmakur
I have it on good authority that there was a lengthy meeting held a few weeks ago, to discuss a change in mascots, however, management could not reach a consensus. Some wanted a weasel, to represent the sneaky changes to MP. Another faction wanted a pig, to reflect fare hikes. A jackass was rejected, for fear it would upset senior managers. Finally, a committee was formed to look at other alternatives. Last word on that was, it was considering outsourcing Tim, and bringing him back at half pay, via Menzies.
Too funny. But why don't they all just have moose steak and be done with it -- uh, him?
Old Aug 16, 2008, 7:46 am

Programs: yes
Tim spotted in Alaska

As this photo from our semi-local newspaper* shows, Tim may, in fact, be back in Alaska:

http://www.pe.com/membercontent/phot...bfa45d5b&omp=1

Like "Alf" he appears to like to dine on cats!

* It's a newspaper in the technical sense- it is printed on newspaper. Ocassionally, and by error, it contains actual news...
Old Aug 19, 2008, 8:09 pm

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
Tim lives on OLCI!

OLCI'd for my mileage run to GEG tomorrow, and there's Tim!

The rumors of his predation have been greatly exaggerated
Old Aug 19, 2008, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by FCYTravis
Tim lives on OLCI!

OLCI'd for my mileage run to GEG tomorrow, and there's Tim!

The rumors of his predation have been greatly exaggerated
Write your appreciation and concern about his permanent hibernation to AS Customer Care. From what I understand, he'll be disappearing from OLCI within a couple of weeks. It's not too late to stop it!!!
Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by missydarlin
Well, they are announcing layoffs this week. If Jenn or I aren't here on Monday, you'll know what happened
So it's Tuesday, I hope you're still with us! Best wishes to you and your coworkers, I hope the layoffs are minimal!
Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by johnp012001
So it's Tuesday, I hope you're still with us! Best wishes to you and your coworkers, I hope the layoffs are minimal!
Likewise. Well, except for Jenn. Jenn is clearly an underachiever, easily outclassed by a moose.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 9:01 am

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite, Avis First, Hertz PC
Please keep us up to date with things...I don't know what I'd do without knowing Missy is at AS...
Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:39 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
yep... I'm still here!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.