Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Was With AL 391 Last Night? (4/9)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2008, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
What Was With AL 391 Last Night? (4/9)

Whoops--this was actually 4/8.

Scheduled 8:55 departure from LAX did not get off until after 10. Then waiting on the SFO ramp for a gate for 20 minutes. Finally they took a gate at the international terminal, leaving just enough time to run like a madman across the international terminal in a futile attempt to catch the last BART train to the East Bay. I did get to see it pull out of the station though!

You could tell from the captain's tone on the PA during various announcements that he too, was not pleased.

Anyone else on this flight?

Last edited by pushback; Apr 9, 2008 at 1:46 pm
Old Apr 9, 2008, 3:48 pm

According to flightaware, your flight took off at 9:43 and landed around 10:45. I could only speculate that Alaska's normal gate 20, 22, 24 were all occupied upon arrival into SFO. Sorry you missed your train...the BART schedule shows the last Oakland/Pittsburgh train depart at 11:53 PM out of SFO. Is the online BART schedule not accurate?
Old Apr 9, 2008, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
The last train left SFO at 11:39. That's the one I waved bye-bye to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.