Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unused electronic ticket credit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2008, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Unused electronic ticket credit

Can credit from unused electronic tickets be applied to a new reservation via the Alaska website or does it need to be done over the telephone? I was able to do this on the Delta website quite easily, but am unsure if it can be done on Alaska's website.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 3:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Grogmeister
Can credit from unused electronic tickets be applied to a new reservation via the Alaska website or does it need to be done over the telephone? I was able to do this on the Delta website quite easily, but am unsure if it can be done on Alaska's website.
Currently, if its from a canceled ticket (which it sounds like it is) then you do need to contact AS res to apply the credit. However, AS is about to implement a major software update to the Mileage Plan, which may include an "e-wallet" that might empower you to apply flying credits online. I have not heard if this will be possible or not yet...

There might be a way to "change your ticket" to do this, by "using its existing value" option when changing it. I have not tried this though...

If you have already canceled it I do think currently you need to contact reservations to make changes.

Last edited by beckoa; Apr 7, 2008 at 3:03 pm Reason: Addt'l info...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.