Search

Access to Delta Crown Room

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2008, 8:06 pm
ANC
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Access to Delta Crown Room

Does an AS F Class boarding pass grant you access to Delta crown rooms??
Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:52 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by ANC
Does an AS F Class boarding pass grant you access to Delta crown rooms??
AFAIK, you can only get into the CRC if you are a Board Room member and traveling on a DL itinerary, and even then only in select cities such as SEA/SLC/ATL/JFK (not sure about the actual airports).
Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Delta Air Lines Crown Room Clubs

Board Room members have access to Delta Air Lines Crown Room Clubs in Atlanta, Cincinnati, and Salt Lake City with same-day travel on Delta Air Lines. Two guests or spouse and children under 21 may accompany the member.

I do think DL gives access for certain F cabin JFK transcon routes (this is separate and apart from BR access).
Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:58 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
The answer, of course, is right on alaskaair.com

Delta Air Lines Crown Room Clubs

Board Room members have access to Delta Air Lines Crown Room Clubs in Atlanta, Cincinnati, and Salt Lake City with same-day travel on Delta Air Lines. Two guests or spouse and children under 21 may accompany the member.

http://www.alaskaair.com/as/www2/Fli...tionsHours.asp
Old Feb 29, 2008, 6:29 am
ANC
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
yeah but like all other things airline related, they leave it very vague and leaving you wondering and guessing. In specifically refering to DEN which is listed on the AS page.vThe first class boardroom rules reads like this under the policies tab.

Passengers ticketed in First Class in either F or A class have access to the Alaska Airlines Board Room included in their ticket (excluding reciprocal agreements with other airline clubrooms). Passengers traveling on an upgraded ticket booked in U class do not have access.My question is: what is the recipricol agreements with each different airline that they are partnered with? From reading it one thinks that no you dont have access to the DL room but what if their agreement was to also accept F tickets from each other to gain access? Once again vague info from an airline....who could imagine
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:14 am

Why don't you call AS and ask? Post the answer here so we can all benefit.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 11:19 am

Programs: AS-GoldMVP,Hilton, Hyatt, Hertz
If you have an American Express Platinum card you can also get into the Crown rooms as well........just show card and boarding pass at any Crown room and you are fine.

If you have a Platinum card you don't have to be an Alaska boardroom member.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
If you travel alone most of the time, you could always purchase a Priority Pass which will get you into any Crown Room regardless of whether you're flying Delta or not. It'll also get you into AS, CO, NW, UA & US clubs in the US, not to mention many more worldwide.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
If you travel alone most of the time, you could always purchase a Priority Pass which will get you into any Crown Room regardless of whether you're flying Delta or not. It'll also get you into AS, CO, NW, UA & US clubs in the US, not to mention many more worldwide.
So, just to clarify: with the Priority Pass, you do not need to have a same-day flight on a given airline to use that airline's lounge? Hmm...this is sounding like a better and better deal...

(Also, I was just looking at the PP website, and it looks like most lounges accept guests of the cardholder. AS must be the exception, then.)
Old Feb 29, 2008, 6:22 pm

I've had no problem taking guests to the Boardroom with PP, however, as noted, there is a $27 charge for the priviledge.

A little known benefit for BofA customers with more than $200,000 in deposits and investments is that you qualify for the Bank of America Accolades American Exress card, and one of the benefits for customers with that asset level is free Priority Pass (the $399 version). Not a bad deal! And if you're assigned to BofA's Premier Banking division, the service really isn't THAT bad!
Old Feb 29, 2008, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by johnp012001
And if you're assigned to BofA's Premier Banking division, the service really isn't THAT bad!
Mine sucks. But the PP is great. By the way, there is an error above somewhere - the PP doesn't gets some, but not all UA and US lounges.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by jackal
So, just to clarify: with the Priority Pass, you do not need to have a same-day flight on a given airline to use that airline's lounge? Hmm...this is sounding like a better and better deal...

(Also, I was just looking at the PP website, and it looks like most lounges accept guests of the cardholder. AS must be the exception, then.)
That's correct, you do not need a same-day ticket. However, you pay (currently $27) for each guest you bring in.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Mine sucks. But the PP is great. By the way, there is an error above somewhere - the PP doesn't gets some, but not all UA and US lounges.
Well, could be that you have a bad premier banker. The other trick is to never, ever, ever, ever call a general customer service center. Call the Premier Resource Center. You can reach them by calling your banker and zeroing out, or I can pm you the direct number. Call them, and THEY will wade through the BofA crap to get things resolved. On a side note, people have not been nearly as impressed with the BofA "black" amex as I thought they would be!
Old Mar 1, 2008, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by BLI-Flyer
That's correct, you do not need a same-day ticket. However, you pay (currently $27) for each guest you bring in.
And the $27 guest fee is only for AS Board Rooms, right? Most other ones allow free guests?
Old Mar 1, 2008, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by johnp012001
Well, could be that you have a bad premier banker.
Yes, she doesn't get back to me until the last possible minute, and then needs things almost after the fact. (This is from private phone calls/messages/email exchanges with her). She was supposed to get back to me on something (which has turned out to be a delayable item) the Wednesday after President's day.

Anyway, back to using the PP this morning in a part of SFO that has no BR access ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.