Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2014, 9:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by jackal
This?

Wrong Taco King. That looks like it's from King Taco in Los Angeles.

This is the one you want.
Ahhh bummer, I really liked that logo!

Maybe there's a rebranding opportunity here.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
If there's one thing Taco King has never been good at, it's branding.

Although maybe not. The radio ad for Pedro the Taco Keeeng deleeevery driver STILL sticks in my head even though I haven't heard it in three years...
Old Feb 16, 2014, 10:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
My two favorites in ANC are Taco King and Serrano's. They're the closest thing Anchorage has to an authentic taqueria.
We'll have to see how this compares to MEX
Old Feb 17, 2014, 7:22 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Although maybe not. The radio ad for Pedro the Taco Keeeng deleeevery driver STILL sticks in my head even though I haven't heard it in three years...
Oddly, your internet rendition of the song painted a perfect picture of the song.

No luck for the vid being on youtube or the interwebz.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 9:07 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
My two favorites in ANC are Taco King and Serrano's. They're the closest thing Anchorage has to an authentic taqueria.
Went to the Taco King on Northern Lights & C for lunch today and had the special. Deluxe Burrito, refried beans & rice with a soda for $8.55. It was very tasty, especially with the addition of the hot salsa.^^
Old Feb 17, 2014, 9:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by BOB W
Went to the Taco King on Northern Lights & C for lunch today and had the special. Deluxe Burrito, refried beans & rice with a soda for $8.55. It was very tasty, especially with the addition of the hot salsa.^^
Lengua or Asada?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 9:29 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Lengua or Asada?
Asada
Old Feb 17, 2014, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
What the Taco King in Fairbanks lacks in ambience (They operate out of an old Burger King), they more than make up for in quality. Far and away my favorite Mexican restaurant in town.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by BOB W
Ooh, the original, where I first fell in love (with Taco King, anyway).

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
What the Taco King in Fairbanks lacks in ambience (They operate out of an old Burger King), they more than make up for in quality. Far and away my favorite Mexican restaurant in town.
Not like there's all that much competition. Tres Amigos does a mean halibut fajitas, though.

Your Taco King there inspires jealousy in us Anchorageites, though. They serve grilled onions next to the salsa bar. No such thing down south.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
PDX-ATL yesterdAy and 40 minutes into the flight and nary a beverage in F.

Strangely saw the F flight attendant take two prepared cocktails back to coach a couple of minutes ago.

First world problems.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K

Here in Central MA we are almost at 2x the snow fall ANC got this season. Its been so cold I was thinking about going up north to warm up.

Last edited by CDKing; Feb 20, 2014 at 9:41 am
Old Feb 20, 2014, 9:37 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
overheard

heard a couple of guys talking about burgers last week while waiting for my plane. They actually had an In and Out app on their iPhones. It made me think of the discussions about burgers here on FT LOL
Old Feb 20, 2014, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by CDKing

Here in Central MA we are almost at 2x the snow fall ANC got this season. Its been so cold I was thinking about going up north to warm up.
Ha just left ANC and there were flurries
Old Feb 20, 2014, 10:57 am
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
snow!
Old Feb 20, 2014, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Originally Posted by beckoa
Yeah SFO is a bit small
Well, rumor is that it's about to get a lot smaller, as in going away, due to Alaska temporarily relocating.

Unfortunately tonight my PDX flight leaves from A2 and the Delta Club closes at 2 pm, so there went all my plans to get some work done and charge my devices. This stinks considering I paid to join because of the SFO location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.