Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anc-Pdx 15% insider ?????

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2008, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Anc-Pdx 15% insider ?????

I am a bit confused why there is no hot deal ticket available when booking with the new insider discount code EC 1608? I get a bargain fare of $300.95 after discount. When trying to book the same ticket without the discount code I get a hot deal ticket for $305.70.
Anc-PDX AS 80 Connecteing to 2291

I just have a bunch of extra time on my hands and am curious why this is? I know there is different classes of service, but if they are offering a hot ticket for the same flights shouldn't the hot deal be the one discounted? What is the difference between the hot deal ticket and bargain? I know it sounds a bit confusing but why the difference? Is it another AS marketing ploy?
Old Feb 20, 2008, 7:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
There could be blackout dates or some other kind of inventory restriction.

That said, even with this 15% discount, it's still cheaper to fly to Seattle, rent a car, and drive to Portland for a weekend than it is to fly straight to PDX.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 10:16 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by steelheaddan
I am a bit confused why there is no hot deal ticket available when booking with the new insider discount code EC 1608? I get a bargain fare of $300.95 after discount. When trying to book the same ticket without the discount code I get a hot deal ticket for $305.70.
Anc-PDX AS 80 Connecteing to 2291

I just have a bunch of extra time on my hands and am curious why this is? I know there is different classes of service, but if they are offering a hot ticket for the same flights shouldn't the hot deal be the one discounted? What is the difference between the hot deal ticket and bargain? I know it sounds a bit confusing but why the difference? Is it another AS marketing ploy?
yeah its a psychological discount just like the 40% off constituents fare. The constituents fare saves you a whole $8

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.