Wiki Posts
Search

Stranded at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2008, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Platinum, AVIS First, National Emerald Club
Stranded at LAX

2/1/2008 - LAX-STS final flight of the day cancelled for mechanical problems.

Rebooked, received 2 $8 vouchers for food (MVPG rate or standard?), and offered hotel at La Quinta Inn or Holiday Inn. I take it Horizon only has agreements with Inns. I understand you want to control costs but they must be able to get good rates at a "hotel" that has better service and more frequent shuttle service. I think the crew stayed at a better location than we did. What gives?
Old Feb 3, 2008, 8:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, UA 2P
Why didn't you have them fly you to SFO and drive/shuttle/taxi from there?
Old Feb 3, 2008, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Platinum, AVIS First, National Emerald Club
It was 10:30pm so not many options. Plus I was connecting from DCA so I was spent for the day.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 9:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, UA 2P
Fair enough. I've been in the same boat as you; and it sucks.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 9:33 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Been stuck at Juneau before, talk about a dreary place to be stuck with no way out except air or boat. I think the vouchers are a standard rate although I could be wrong
Old Feb 3, 2008, 10:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
The La Quinta LAX is not bad - recently renovated, new furniture, etc. Have had a few vendors stay there recently.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 10:28 pm

Programs: I am an AS employee, but my comments do not represent the company in any official capacity.
Originally Posted by ANC
Been stuck at Juneau before, talk about a dreary place to be stuck with no way out except air or boat. I think the vouchers are a standard rate although I could be wrong
Juneau...dreary? Nah, sometimes foggy and rainy, but always wonderful. Have you ever explored the place?
Old Feb 3, 2008, 11:12 pm

Horizon seems to love the low operating costs of the Q400, but the downside is that the Q400s are not as reliable as the CRJs. I know initially when Horizon started its LAX ops, they didn't have any Q400 parts or mechanics there, but hopefully that has since changed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.