Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The youngest MVPG

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2008, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

The youngest MVPG

I am curious what the youngest mvpg member is you know? I will have my 2 year old as mvp, but don't think she will reach gold status this year.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 4:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Elevate, AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
I wonder if there is a minimum age for getting a frequent flyer account? I'd think as soon as you are old enough to sit in your own seat, you are old enough to earn miles. I became an AS Mileage Plan member when I was two years old, although I didn't reach MVP status until I was 18. I'm sure there are some kids up in Alaska who travel enough to have elite status, though probably not by choice.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 5:15 pm
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
I hit MVP for the first time a little less than a month before my 18th birthday.
I joined FT in Sept '06, had my first miles-earning flight in Oct. '06 (before they'd gone in my mom's AS account), and made MVP after a flight ANC-LAX-SLC-PHX-SLC-ANC at the end of July '07. I don't know at this point whether I'll hit MVP for '08, but here's hoping!

All the MVPGs I know personally (two or three) are men in their 50's or 60's.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 12:40 pm

Programs: AS-GoldMVP,Hilton, Hyatt, Hertz
My nephew is three years old and will hit gold by June this year... LOL LOL He flies everywhere with my brother and in first class yet. He just sits and plays his videos or looks out the window........and he likes when they bring him juice. LOL LOL LOL
Old Feb 3, 2008, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Emeraldcity
My nephew is three years old and will hit gold by June this year... LOL LOL He flies everywhere with my brother and in first class yet. He just sits and plays his videos or looks out the window........and he likes when they bring him juice. LOL LOL LOL
And one day, his upgrade will clear, and your brother's won't.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 1:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by stellertony

All the MVPGs I know personally (two or three) are men in their 50's or 60's.
Hey!! i'm not nearly in my 50's, and i've been hitting gold since my mid 20's!
Old Feb 3, 2008, 5:50 pm

You'd be amazed at the number of young MVPs and GOLDs. Out of my airport I have a little girl that has been a GOLD for a number of years. Parents are divorced and she flies between each parent place quite often. That is just one of the few young ones we have in our airport that I see frequently.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by EIPremier
I wonder if there is a minimum age for getting a frequent flyer account? I'd think as soon as you are old enough to sit in your own seat, you are old enough to earn miles.
You can get an account as soon as you're born, but not before- I booked a Christmas ticket for my then unborn daughter but couldn't get her a FF account at the same time because Alaska wanted to know her birth date. As long as a child has their own seat they can earn miles.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 7:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite, Avis First, Hertz PC
I was MVP at 22 and MVPG at 23. Definitely not the youngest, but I usually feel pretty young when sitting in F.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 8:49 pm

I'm far from 50 or 60... or even 40 for that matter!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.