Wiki Posts
Search

Thank you Alaska (Mileage Plan)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2008, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, DL Plat, AS,
Thank you Alaska (Mileage Plan)

My brother had a ff acct. with AS that he had lost track of the last couple of years. He had not signed up for e-mail statements since he does not use e-mail, and didn't remember getting any paper statements in a long time. He contacted the Mileage Plan to check on his acct. and found that it was cancelled or had become inactive about 1 1/2 years ago. He thought his balance was around 40,000 miles. The rep. looked up his old acct. and without him even asking made a new one and put 39,000 miles in it! Now that is some great customer service! Most people who I have heard about in the same situation (not knowing much about how mileage programs work and that miles expire without activity ect.) have been told, sorry there is nothing we can do, you are responsible for knowing all the rules, we can't help you. I think that it was a very kind and generous exception that AS made for my brother, and want give them credit for doing something that they didn't have to do.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 11:26 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Kudos to AS ^^^

I hear these kinds of story again and again - when AS will do something that other FF programs won't.

It's symptomatic of the attitude and approach that keeps me flying AS; the F product may get weaker, but the peaople are just as great as they ever were !
Old Feb 5, 2008, 10:50 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
I would agree. When your flying cross country and have to link with delta(IMO has some of the rudest customer service agents in the business), nwa, or aa its like a completely different atmosphere on the trip once you get to the AS agents and AS FA's on the flight! The pilots are even friendlier. Im usually willing to pay about $100 more for an AS itinerary over another airline if AS isnt best fare but for my location they usually are lowest anyways.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 6:55 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Your brother needs to get an e-mail account, AS did away with paper statements some time ago. Remind him that he needs to have some activity in his account (earn or spend miles) at least once every two years or he'll lose the miles again. He doesn't have to fly, he just has to have some activity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.