Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Air France Business Class Award.....how has the inventory been?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2008, 7:04 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Starting to plan a trip to Italy for spring 2009. I already have an award tix on BA FC to Rome for this year's trip...so I thought I would try Air France for the next trip. I was wondering how available the AF business class awards have been330 days out.....
Old Jan 25, 2008, 9:57 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by david4455
Starting to plan a trip to Italy for spring 2009. I already have an award tix on BA FC to Rome for this year's trip...so I thought I would try Air France for the next trip. I was wondering how available the AF business class awards have been330 days out.....
Typically very good.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 6:13 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
In my case, I found that coach seats were far more available than Business Class. I was unable to get 2 BC seats on AF ten months out, over an entire one-month span in the fall.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 6:29 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
FWIW - I was very disappointed by AF compared with BA, apart from the food, where AF won.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 4:31 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dgwright99
FWIW - I was very disappointed by AF compared with BA, apart from the food, where AF won.
Thanks for that "mini" summary.... that was my next question ( although I already posted it on BA forum).... which service was better and was BA worth the extra 20K.....
Old Jan 30, 2008, 12:27 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Anyone want to post a mini trip report on the SEA-CDG service in J?

Lounge access?
Food?
Entertainment?
Seat comfort (I fly AA J frequently, so I am used to discomfort)
Arrivals lounge in CDG
Do they treat you like a loser because you are on an award ticket?

I am flying in mid March.

lala
Old Jan 31, 2008, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by david4455
Thanks for that "mini" summary.... that was my next question ( although I already posted it on BA forum).... which service was better and was BA worth the extra 20K.....
I guess it depends on how you weight hard vs soft product.

Have not flown either from SEA, but on LAX-LHR/CDG BA (old coffins or new seats) beats AF (new seats) by a long way on the hard product. Definitely worth the extra 20k. And then, BA F is definitely worth the extra 20k over BA J.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 12:29 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by lalala
Anyone want to post a mini trip report on the SEA-CDG service in J?

Lounge access?
Food?
Entertainment?
Seat comfort (I fly AA J frequently, so I am used to discomfort)
Arrivals lounge in CDG
Do they treat you like a loser because you are on an award ticket?

I am flying in mid March.

lala
There is a trip report for this route somewhere in the AF forum (where it belongs).

I recently flew RTW in J on SkyTeam, so could compare AF, KL, KE, and NW J products. AF seats were fine, although I couldn't really sleep in them. The service varied between excellent and mediocre while the meals were typically very good (best airline meal ever was duck confit on AF).
Old Jan 31, 2008, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by spgaston
....AF seats were fine, although I couldn't really sleep in them....
For a 10-hour flight, I would have thought that sleepability would be a key criteria on which to judge a business class seat....

FWIW, I found them to be reasonably sleepable (unlike the superficially similar new AA seats). YMMV....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.