Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Poop! Didn't get my change on AS 7 last night!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Poop! Didn't get my change on AS 7 last night!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2008, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan MVP Gold
Unhappy Poop! Didn't get my change on AS 7 last night!

I paid $20 for a $5 picnic pack last night on AS 7! Didn't click that I didn't get my $15 change back until I was reading some threads this evening. I should have been on the lookout - the F/A serving me didn't seem to be the shiniest apple in the barrel. My own fault, I should have kept it in mind and said something before the end of the flight!

I guess the McCormick and Schmick's gift certificates will make up for it.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
The thought occurred to me that you might be able to get your change back if you wrote customer care. At first thought, you might think that it would be hard to argue for this, since you have no proof (receipt or anything) stating you were owed change, but they might be able to look at the till and see that they're over by $15 (I don't know how detailed AS's records of items loaded vs. money taken in are, but if they're as stringent as some other airlines, they probably keep a close eye on things), in which case you can certainly claim that $15 is yours.

I guess it boils down to if $15 is worth your time to call or write...
Old Jan 12, 2008, 11:52 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
its worth a try sending off an email to customer care because its possible you'll at least get an e-certificate for $15 or possibly more.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. Email has been sent - I will let you know how it turns out. I certainly don't have anything to lose by writing to Customer Care!
Old Jan 17, 2008, 11:22 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
I emailed them once when they announced they were handing out complimentary Mccormick and Schmidt $20 certificates when they served beverages but the one FA forgot while the other handed them out to the people they served. I didnt get one so I fired off an email just to comment on the customer care email. It wasnt a rude or mean email as I wouldnt have a lot of use for the certificate anyways but it was just the prinicipal. In turn they awarded me a $75 flight discount code just for contacting them about the issue
Old Jan 17, 2008, 11:27 pm

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
I'm proud of you, Scarlet! $15 is $15 and pretty soon that will be about enough to buy a gallon of unleaded!

Now if only I could get over failing to get my $12 change from the $50 I prepaid at a Redmond gas station a year ago...
Old Feb 4, 2008, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up

^

Wow, Alaska Airlines!!

I just got email from customer service. They apologized and are sending me a cheque for $15!

I never expected such a thing. I thought I would be writing it off. ($15 may not seem like much but having grown up with little money I am always aware of the value of money.)

I have a feeling that it is going to be $15 well spent by Alaska, since I will take every opportunity to let people know that AS went well above and beyond for me. Missy, if you have any contact with Trisha V in Customer Care, please tell her she has completely made my day!

Thanks very much to those of you who suggested that I email Customer Care.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
Good job, AS!
Old Feb 4, 2008, 7:47 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite, Avis First, Hertz PC
Very nice work AS! Most companies would balk at cutting a check for $15.
Glad you got your money back Scarlet!
Old Feb 5, 2008, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm impressed and pleased.
It's nice to see some airlines still care about customers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.