Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Soup Lovers: Read It and Weep! - The Alaska Lounge Soup Thread (Through 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 27, 2012, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Soup soup everywhere- but what type, where and when?

That is the question that is this thread...

Companion thread: What's on Tap: A Guide to the Beers of Alaska Lounges
Print Wikipost

Soup Lovers: Read It and Weep! - The Alaska Lounge Soup Thread (Through 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2020, 10:00 am

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Awwww, one of my favorite parts of VX's F class catering! I have 3 of those in a flying formation on a shelf in my kitchen. I'm kind of shocked that AS' AL @ PDX has a supply of them.
I was thinking the same thing. AS must have found a stash of them left over from the VX merger. I saved them also - have a bowl on my kitchen counter with a dozen or so.
James, love the comment of "bendable" flatware.
NoLaGent and Flying for Fun like this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 9:12 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Minestrone at lunchtime in the N Lounge at SEA. Served in paper bowls with lids by the staff. Crackers, S & P on the side. Plastic fork, knife & spoon w/napkin. Recyclable of course.
pcoll likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 4:01 pm

Roasted red Pepper & Gouda at the SEA N Lounge today. Mostly a kicked up tomato soup.

Turkey Sausage Lasagna soup in the SEA D Lounge this evening. Friendly staff as always.
Bellerina likes this.

Last edited by BOB W; Dec 28, 2020 at 5:27 pm
Old Dec 30, 2020, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Does anybody know what the current state of the LAX lounge is and whether one is allowed to eat inside? I'm flying AA but have a 8-hour layover, so am considering making the trek if dining is allowed inside.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 4:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Does anybody know what the current state of the LAX lounge is and whether one is allowed to eat inside? I'm flying AA but have a 8-hour layover, so am considering making the trek if dining is allowed inside.
Food and drink is offered but it must be consumed outside of the lounge. Masks are not allowed off for any reason. I've even seen staff approach people who put their refillable water bottles on the tables to remind them of this.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 4:43 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Food bagged for take-out only as of 30 minutes ago. Salads, cheese & chicken cups, vegetable cups, caprese cups from Kitchen. Soup available too, along with snacks, (chips, pretzels, cookies), coffee, tea, water, soda. All usual self serve items bagged on request by staff. No alcohol. You can stay in the lounge but can't consume anything.

James
Old Feb 26, 2021, 6:43 pm

Wild Mushroom Bisque, in honor of Beckoa today at N in SEA. Once gone the Turkey, Lasagna Tomato soup made an appearance. Both good, but I preferred the turkey lasagna.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 7:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BOB W
Wild Mushroom Bisque, in honor of Beckoa today at N in SEA. Once gone the Turkey, Lasagna Tomato soup made an appearance. Both good, but I preferred the turkey lasagna.
On 2/19 it was Clam Chowder in SEA N. Turkey Lasagna the last gime I was in LAX. That is a good one, for sure!

James
Old Feb 26, 2021, 8:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
Currently enjoying the Turkey lasagna soup. The lounge server said it was her favourite. I can taste why.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Clam Chowder at PDX and I decided not to have any since I was going to stop at the N lounge in SEA....BAD decision on my part because there was no clam chowder...just a lasagna soup that I tried but it wasn't clam chowder
Flying for Fun and Bellerina like this.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Clam Chowder at PDX and I decided not to have any since I was going to stop at the N lounge in SEA....BAD decision on my part because there was no clam chowder...just a lasagna soup that I tried but it wasn't clam chowder
I was a bit surprised that there was no clam chowder on a Friday, but assumed that the wild mushroom bisque was the substitute.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 6:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by Bellerina
Currently enjoying the Turkey lasagna soup. The lounge server said it was her favourite. I can taste why.
See this is why I had low expectations for the AS Lounge, because I thought I'd encounter food like this. But recently I went for the first time, and the Tomato soup was fantastic, the salad was refreshing, and the barista was kicking out customized espresso drinks. I will happily try the Turkey Lasagna Soup if it's what's on offer next time I'm in the lounge.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 7:34 pm

I can confirm that the lasagna soup w/ turkey sausage in the N lounge is delicious!
Flying for Fun and Bellerina like this.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
All of this soup sounds delicious, especially the turkey lasagna soup. Unfortunately, none of my upcoming trips go through cities with Alaska Lounges (well, they all go through Seattle, but I can't get in with evil Priority Pass lol)

-J.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
All of this soup sounds delicious, especially the turkey lasagna soup. Unfortunately, none of my upcoming trips go through cities with Alaska Lounges (well, they all go through Seattle, but I can't get in with evil Priority Pass lol)

-J.
Most AS lounges (including the N lounge at SEA) now take Priority Pass (again). Enjoy some soup!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.