Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Soup Lovers: Read It and Weep! - The Alaska Lounge Soup Thread (Through 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 27, 2012, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Soup soup everywhere- but what type, where and when?

That is the question that is this thread...

Companion thread: What's on Tap: A Guide to the Beers of Alaska Lounges
Print Wikipost

Soup Lovers: Read It and Weep! - The Alaska Lounge Soup Thread (Through 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2010, 8:46 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Nov. 7, Sea... vegetarian chili soup with lots of veggies. It was really good.^ Only available on the 1st floor. Second floor ran out of soup earlier.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Vegetarian chili is probably my vote for second worst - ugh!
Old Nov 8, 2010, 9:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa\'s PWP wonderous poster: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by HDK
Chicken and Dumpling today @ LAX...(tureen came out a little before 2:00 p.m.)

No Flamin'g Chex Mix today, I'm glad I snagged a couple of bags when I dropped in last Friday.
Guessin' this was a refill?
Old Nov 9, 2010, 10:31 am
HDK

Programs: AS MVPG 1MM, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, TR Seven Stars, Mlife Noir, TSA Pre
Guessin' this was a refill?
Probably as it was a scant half tureen...
Old Nov 16, 2010, 7:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Monday November 15, 2010 PDX BR 5 PM:

clam chowder

Tuesday November 16, 2010 SEA BR 5:30 PM:

veggie chilli
roasted potato indulgance
Old Nov 16, 2010, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Anyone else find the potato soup "gritty"?
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Anyone else find the potato soup "gritty"?
No, but I dug deep into the bottom of the cauldron and filled the cup mostly with potatoes and not a lot of liquid...
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by jackal
No, but I dug deep into the bottom of the cauldron and filled the cup mostly with potatoes and not a lot of liquid...
grittiness was not an issue for myself either- unlike the bottom cup of some chowders from sand...
Old Nov 22, 2010, 1:17 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Hearty bean & ham at LAX today.

For the sake of the other PAX I will stop at two cups.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 2:26 pm

Vegetable Beef and Barley soup in the ANC BR today Nov 22 at noon...

unremarkable, but better then shrooms
Old Nov 22, 2010, 2:42 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Chicken and Wild Rice at SEA downstairs yesterday. One of my favorites, but by 12:20, the tureen was empty. One gentlemen even took the empty basin into the back kitchen area to get a prompt refill. Unfortunately, the refill came out too early and so the soup was only lukewarm.

It seems many more folks have discovered the trick of using the disposable paper coffee cups as soup cups. Almost everyone I saw was bypassing the tiny mugs in favor of the large (16oz?) paper cups.

Also had Chicken Noodle soup upstairs.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by baliktad
Chicken and Wild Rice at SEA downstairs yesterday. One of my favorites, but by 12:20, the tureen was empty. One gentlemen even took the empty basin into the back kitchen area to get a prompt refill. Unfortunately, the refill came out too early and so the soup was only lukewarm.

It seems many more folks have discovered the trick of using the disposable paper coffee cups as soup cups. Almost everyone I saw was bypassing the tiny mugs in favor of the large (16oz?) paper cups.

Also had Chicken Noodle soup upstairs.
Saw someone 'stock up' on one of my last visits to the SEA BR... ended up with 3 paper cups of the soup...
Old Nov 22, 2010, 9:00 pm

Loaded Baked Potato at Pdx. The were changing it out around 5:15, didn't have time to see what came out next. The sign indicated it was from Harry's Fresh. www.harrysfresh.com.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by johnp012001
Loaded Baked Potato at Pdx. The were changing it out around 5:15, didn't have time to see what came out next. The sign indicated it was from Harry's Fresh. www.harrysfresh.com.
Could be the fresh clam chowder. If clams didn't creep me out, I would probably have tried the stuff that was out in PDX last week. The concierge said it was good.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by jackal
Could be the fresh clam chowder. If clams didn't creep me out, I would probably have tried the stuff that was out in PDX last week. The concierge said it was good.
I said it was good too

but prefer more clams...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.