Wiki Posts
Search

Legroom

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2005, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Legroom

I'm sorry if I'm posting a question that has already been answered, but trying to do a search has resulted in too many results.

When I made reservations to fly AS in coach last November, there were certain rows (shown in information about their fleet) that had more legroom than others. They were towards the rear of the aircraft. I'm making reservations again and neither the fleet information nor Seat Guru show any seats on the 737's as having more legroom. Did they add additional rows of seats and is this feature gone?

Thanks
Old Jan 4, 2005, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Looks like they got rid of the special maps. Cheeky fellows.

Oh, well, the 737-900 was surprising comfy even in the back half when I flew it. Not E+ on UA, but not E- on UA, either.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I'm sorry if I'm posting a question that has already been answered, but trying to do a search has resulted in too many results.

When I made reservations to fly AS in coach last November, there were certain rows (shown in information about their fleet) that had more legroom than others. They were towards the rear of the aircraft. I'm making reservations again and neither the fleet information nor Seat Guru show any seats on the 737's as having more legroom. Did they add additional rows of seats and is this feature gone?

Thanks
Well, it was announced in July that they would be removing closets and adding back a row to coach. You can see on the seat guru map that the "hash" mark used to end at row 26, and row 27 is now beneath it. Looks like all the seat maps have caught up. Funny, as much discussion as there was around it, and it's gone unnoticed, or at least undiscussed, for nearly 6 months! Note, there's still a few rows in front of the exit rows on the MD80's with some extra space.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 4:10 pm

Seatguru shows an extra inch in rows 19-22 on the 737-700's.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 7:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Elevate, AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by JIMCHI

Thanks
They removed the rear closets on the 737-400s and added an extra row of seating (row 27). As a result, rows 20-27 no longer have extra legroom. Basically, the extra row of seating requires more space than was gained by removing the closets. The average Y seat pitch is still 32", but there are almost certainly a few rows pitched at 31" toward the back.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 10:12 am

Programs: AS
Seatguru

hi there

new on the block

whats seatguru?

thank

j
Old Jan 11, 2005, 10:16 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by JimboInSea
hi there

new on the block

whats seatguru?

thank

j
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

www.seatguru.com

Great tool for fiding the best seats on planes!
Old Jan 19, 2005, 9:44 am

Programs: AS
awesome

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

www.seatguru.com

Great tool for fiding the best seats on planes!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.