Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Do First Class Passengers get to use Board Room on day of travel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2003, 7:46 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Do First Class Passengers get to use Board Room on day of travel? I have to be at the Seattle airport several hours early....and it sure would be nice to sit somewhere quiet for a while.
Old May 23, 2003, 8:49 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Unfortunately, no. The only location that was allowing Board Room access was YVR. If you paid for an F upgrade on ex-YVR flights you were allowed a one-time visit to the Board Room. I think this offer ran until April 30 only though.
Old May 23, 2003, 9:08 am

If you have a paid F class on your ticket they will welcome you with open arms (most of the time). Only once have I had a person state I was not allowed to use the boardroom and I think she was mistaken. If you are in U class then they will only let you in after they charge your credit card.
Old May 23, 2003, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Paid F has traditionally permitted it - I don't know if a Peak F award would, because that is also booked in F.
Old May 23, 2003, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

These are coach tickets with 10000 mile upgrades and even one of the tickets is a $50 companion certificate.... pretty low on the food chain.
Old May 23, 2003, 1:47 pm

Location: Danville, CA - "When I read about the evils of DRINKING, I gave up READING.
When are you planning to be there... I have one Board Room pass I can give to you but it will have to be after May 31 since I will be leaving for vacation this evening and not be back until 5/31. The pass is in my office in SF. Send me an email if that works.
Old May 23, 2003, 2:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Tango:
If you have a paid F class on your ticket they will welcome you with open arms (most of the time). Only once have I had a person state I was not allowed to use the boardroom and I think she was mistaken. If you are in U class then they will only let you in after they charge your credit card.</font>
From the AS website:

Admittance

Only active members, spouses, immediate family members and guests may be admitted. Membership cards must be presented to the Board Room Concierge upon entry. Cards cannot be loaned to others.

Although I can understand the concept of paid F pax being permitted access on the day of travel, nowhere on the website does it put this in writing.

Old May 23, 2003, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Dear MrPaul0722.... that is a most generous offer. Thank you. That is why I really like this forum community.People like you. We will be leaving before that so it will not work....but have a great vacation and thank you again for your offer.
Old May 24, 2003, 6:43 am

MrPaul0722, if your pass is good until the end of July, and is still available, may I trade with you? Am sending you e-mail. Thanks.
Old May 24, 2003, 6:24 pm

I have used the boardroom numerous times using a paid F class ticket and it has worked 99% of the time. Just becuase their web site does not state this does not mean it is not allowed.
Old May 24, 2003, 8:30 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Tango:
I have used the boardroom numerous times using a paid F class ticket and it has worked 99% of the time. Just becuase their web site does not state this does not mean it is not allowed.</font>

Tango, although I agree with you, why wouldn't AS place this Board Rooom access option on their website? Surely AS would love more paid F pax than us U pax. Right?
Old May 24, 2003, 9:06 pm

I am not sure why they do not post this info on their web site and nobody tells you about it at check in. Many airlines have undocumented features to their programs and I would think they do so just in case they want to pull that feature w/o any advance notice. I can't imagine why AS would not want to document this since F class tickets bring in the most revenue.
Old May 25, 2003, 6:33 am

MrPaul0722, the message I sent you kept bouncing back as undeliverable. Could you please update your e-mail address, or contact me directly at the address listed in my profile here? Many thanks!
Old Jun 1, 2003, 3:55 pm

Location: Danville, CA - "When I read about the evils of DRINKING, I gave up READING.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Likemiles:
MrPaul0722, the message I sent you kept bouncing back as undeliverable. Could you please update your e-mail address, or contact me directly at the address listed in my profile here? Many thanks!</font>
Y H M

Old Jun 1, 2003, 9:02 pm

Thanks, MrPaul0722. Just sent you a reply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.