Original Poster

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
AS Returns To Boise

http://www.idahostatesman.com/Busine...y.asp?ID=34839

Yeah!
Old Mar 8, 2003, 3:26 pm

SEA-ATL starts mid June.
Old Mar 8, 2003, 5:15 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AS Flyer:
SEA-ATL starts mid June. </font>

Do tell us more, AS Flyer!
Old Mar 8, 2003, 11:52 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by flytoeat:

Do tell us more, AS Flyer!
</font>
I wish I could but I honestly don't know anymore. What I can say is this, the same person that told me we were starting Guadalajara, Orlando and going back to Boise and also the LAX-RNO thing, just told me about ATL. They have a firm date already, I believe it is June 15, and will announce fairly soon. I hope it's more than once a day.
Old Mar 9, 2003, 3:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
During the MVP Gold lunch on Wednesday one of the AS folks noted that they were looking at four new destinations this year. My first response was ATL and while they didn't say yes, they said nothing in that way that made me think "yes".
Old Mar 9, 2003, 10:58 am

It's really weird how they can, at times, be so misleading. I realize the need not to let your competitors know what you're doing, etc., etc., etc. but in the Alaska's World employee news source Bill Ayers is quoted as saying "we MAY add one new destination this year" then within three weeks they announce Guadalajara, Orlando and the return to Boise. It's fun to contemplate all the rumors but I usually believe it when I see it. Having said that, however, my sources haven't failed me yet..... We shall see....
Old Mar 15, 2003, 8:05 am

Uh, the link in the first post does not in any way discuss Alaska Airlines coming to Atlanta.

What am I missing?
Old Mar 15, 2003, 8:42 pm

Upon reading the article, it looks like what Alaska is really doing is taking away three Horizon CRJ/turboprop flights to SEA and replacing them with two MD-80's that have more seats and an Eskimo tattoo on the tail.
Old Mar 18, 2003, 10:38 pm

first class and no dash turboprop?

I'll take that anytime...
Old Mar 26, 2003, 1:34 pm

Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by okay2go:
Upon reading the article, it looks like what Alaska is really doing is taking away three Horizon CRJ/turboprop flights to SEA and replacing them with two MD-80's that have more seats and an Eskimo tattoo on the tail.</font>
Looks like AS is trying to get more hours out of the (bought and paid for?) MD-80's?

This SEA-BOI service and the LAX-RNO service seem to bear out my thesis.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 4:11 pm

Mmmmm....I really like this. Booked a 6/10-6/11 SEA-BOI-SEA, both ways on an MD in FC. Never thought I'd be happy to book a flight on a MadDog, but I think it's great, I really dislike the regional jets. I'm only 5' 9", but I feel like a sardine in those things!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.