Old Mar 22, 2003, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Guarantee Airfare rule?

http://www.alaskaair.com/www2/Promo/...s/lowfares.asp

"Guarantee airfare rule does not apply."

What is the guarantee airfare rule?
Old Mar 22, 2003, 10:04 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 75, Starwood Gold, Virgin Gold
bascially, if you buy a ticket, and then the fare goes down, you get back the difference.
Old Mar 23, 2003, 12:21 am

fares look pretty good....

[This message has been edited by AS Flyer (edited 03-23-2003).]
Old Mar 23, 2003, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Interesting.

So in this particular case (curious now), is this AS saying, "No, if you have a ticket, you can't reprice at this level" or are they saying "If you buy at this level, and it goes down again, you can't get the refund."

Has anyone used this guar airfare rule before? (I'm guessing it won't work on any sort of internet-purchased ticket (since there is usually a $5 or $10 off coupon built-in, which might make these fares "special")?
Old Mar 23, 2003, 5:36 pm
travelalot5

http://www.alaskaair.com/www2/compan...boutYou_AS.pdf

This is the customer committment plan that outlines passenger rights. Useful information for delays, refunds, etc.

It’s About
Your 24-Hour
Guaranteed Fare
Helping you shop for the lowest fare
We realize you may need time before finalizing your
travel plans, so whether you call us directly or visit our
web site, Alaska Airlines will hold your air travel reservation
and guarantee the quoted fare for a minimum
of 24 hours. (Due to the promotional nature of Web
Special fares, the 24 hour guarantee does not apply.
See our web site at www.alaskaair.com for additional
information.)

Old Mar 23, 2003, 7:52 pm

Basically, if you see a fare online that is a WEB type fare, you would not be able to call reservations, and ask for us to reprice your ticket at the WEB fare to get the Guaranteed airfare rule...It has to be off of a published fare. It also would not include any 5-10 dollars off discount.
Old Mar 24, 2003, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
I am not sure how this applies to the thread (as I do not know if I bought a special "web" fare or a published fare on the AS web site), but I usually buy my Summer tickets to CA 9 months out or so to lock in my upgrades (as my travel dates will not change). And then I just keep an eye on the fares and as they go down (and they usually do), I re-price and take the difference as a credit which, added up over the months, go towards buying next year's tickets.
Old Mar 24, 2003, 10:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SEA_Tigger:
I am not sure how this applies to the thread (as I do not know if I bought a special "web" fare or a published fare on the AS web site), but I usually buy my Summer tickets to CA 9 months out or so to lock in my upgrades (as my travel dates will not change). And then I just keep an eye on the fares and as they go down (and they usually do), I re-price and take the difference as a credit which, added up over the months, go towards buying next year's tickets.</font>
Trouble is that if the lower fare is only online than you cannot take the difference.

On another note I have had much difficulty changing my return trip when I have purchased an internet only ("IO") fare. In the past it was easier to make changes for travel the same day on the return but now they tell me that it was purchased on the Website, therefore they must check with the "rates" department. I am then told I must pay a difference in fare because THEY cannot access the "IO" fare that I purchased it under even though the flight I am changing to is completely empty and the flight I am changing from is almost overbooked... I have been told that if I want any kind of flexibility (the kind that I have had in the past) I must purchase a much higher priced tickets away from the website. (Did not appreciate this since I am using my own money to fly almost weekly!). In the past, as long as the same fare bucket was available, and the time of travel matched, changes were possible on the return, but now it seems like AS is enforcing the same standards under which you would get the Fare Guarantee (They must be able to "see" the fare (i.e. non-internet)).
Old Mar 24, 2003, 5:32 pm
travelalot5

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by westcoastman:
Trouble is that if the lower fare is only online than you cannot take the difference.

On another note I have had much difficulty changing my return trip when I have purchased an internet only ("IO") fare. In the past it was easier to make changes for travel the same day on the return but now they tell me that it was purchased on the Website, therefore they must check with the "rates" department. I am then told I must pay a difference in fare because THEY cannot access the "IO" fare that I purchased it under even though the flight I am changing to is completely empty and the flight I am changing from is almost overbooked... I have been told that if I want any kind of flexibility (the kind that I have had in the past) I must purchase a much higher priced tickets away from the website. (Did not appreciate this since I am using my own money to fly almost weekly!). In the past, as long as the same fare bucket was available, and the time of travel matched, changes were possible on the return, but now it seems like AS is enforcing the same standards under which you would get the Fare Guarantee (They must be able to "see" the fare (i.e. non-internet)).
</font>
"Internet", time or flight specific fares are not allowable for free alternate flight same day standby. Web fares are allowed for the AFSD.

If everyone who bought the real cheap fares was allowed to standby for alternate flights there wouldn't be much incentive to purchase advance excursion fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.