Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What happened to the SFO-ANC summer time non-stop?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2003, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Is it me or did AS change their schedule on their SFO-ANC route?

I distinctly remember that AS had one non-stop SFO-ANC leaving around 1pm or so and had a non-stop ANC-SFO around 5pm. (Both around summer time....in July for my case.)

I just went on the AS website and the only flights I can see are "direct" flights that make a stop but no change in planes...the return flight in the afternoon at 1pm ANC-SFO with 1 stop actually stops in Vancouver and not SEA!

Can someone clarify this for me? When did AS take these flights out?

Thanks for the info!

------------------
SFnFlaGuy
Old Mar 24, 2003, 10:50 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
I recall they had a summer non-stop as well. The YVR direct flight has a fairly tight connection and the hope is that pax taking the SFO-YVR-ANC fight will not have to clear Canadian Immigration and Customs and can continue straight through to ANC. Not the most ideal for those in the Bay Area, however, it may increase your chances for an upgrade when compared to the SEA-ANC non-stops which fill up more quickly in F.
Old Mar 24, 2003, 11:14 am

The summer (former) non-stop between SFO-ANC was AS105. I've flown on it several times. This summer's AS105 and other bay area - ANC flights all include a stop.

So it seems while the Alaska reps were hyping the SFO-YVR-ANC service at the SF MVP Gold lunch, they omitted mentioning the SFO-ANC nonstop wasn't returning.

There is a summer non-stop between SFO-ANC on UA with 757 service.

Old Mar 24, 2003, 11:28 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Quokka:

There is a summer non-stop between SFO-ANC on UA with 757 service.

</font>
Well, that's what we're booked on at the moment. I was just looking into the AS flights so that just in case something happened to UA, I really hope they survive, that we'll have some reasonable non-stop alternatives on AS.

For now we are booked through SEA going and on the "one-stop" YVR flight on the way back.

Just a clarification, the AS agent did tell me that the ANC-YVR-SFO flight is on the same aircraft. She told me that we won't have to leave the A/C or clear Canadian Customs etc. Has anyone done this type of flight before? Is she correct that we won't have to do additional Immigration clearance in Canada? Should we bring our passports?

Thanks for the info.

------------------
SFnFlaGuy
Old Mar 24, 2003, 11:38 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
According to my contact at YVR, pax arriving from SFO will remain on the plane for the short stop to pick up the pax who have already pre-cleared US Immigration and Customs. When the flight arrives in ANC, it would be as though you were on a regular domestic flight, although, I would recommend bringing your passports just-in-case.
Old Mar 24, 2003, 11:49 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PointWeasel:
According to my contact at YVR, pax arriving from SFO will remain on the plane for the short stop to pick up the pax who have already pre-cleared US Immigration and Customs. When the flight arrives in ANC, it would be as though you were on a regular domestic flight, although, I would recommend bringing your passports just-in-case. </font>
Thanks PointWeasel for the info! We'll see how it goes! Maybe we can stop at the Duty Free?

------------------
SFnFlaGuy
Old Mar 24, 2003, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I had noticed the same lack-o-summer nonstop. The passport thing is good advice, because although the aircraft is in a pre-cleared-to-US area, if there are irregular ops, you have nowhere to go.
Old Mar 24, 2003, 6:30 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Eastbay1K:
The passport thing is good advice, because although the aircraft is in a pre-cleared-to-US area, if there are irregular ops, you have nowhere to go.</font>
You took the words out of my mouth, this way if irregular ops occur, you can enter the departure area and go to Starbucks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.