Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Horizon adds new service SEA-PSP, SFO-TUC, PDX-MSO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2003, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold

Press release

SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 17, 2003--Horizon Air announced today that it will offer new nonstop jet service between Seattle and Palm Springs and between Portland and Missoula for the summer, and new year-round nonstop jet service between San Francisco and Tucson, all starting June 8, 2003.
Horizon will offer one daily jet flight nonstop between Seattle and Palm Springs June 8-Sept 7, 2003. Combined with Alaska Airlines' spring, fall and winter nonstop service, this added summer service marks the first time any airline has offered nonstop flights between Seattle and Palm Springs on a year-round basis.

Seattle to Palm Springs (eff. June 8-Sept. 7, 2003)
Flight 2427 Departs 8:40 a.m. Arrives 11:15 a.m.

Palm Springs to Seattle (eff. June 8-Sept. 7, 2003)

Flight 2428 Departs 11:55 a.m. Arrives 2:40 p.m.

Horizon Air is adding new nonstop jet service between San Francisco and Tucson. No other airline currently serves this market with nonstop service. The flight from San Francisco to Tucson will complement Horizon's current twice-daily nonstop service from San Jose to Tucson. Horizon is the only airline to offer nonstop service from the Bay Area to Tucson. Horizon's sister company Alaska Airlines currently offers nonstop service between Seattle and Tucson.

San Francisco to Tucson (new year-round service starting June 8)
Flight 2433 Departs 1:05 p.m. Arrives 2:59 p.m.

Tucson to San Francisco (new year-round service starting June 8)

Flight 2436 Departs 10:10 a.m. Arrives 12:15 p.m.

Also starting June 8 and continuing for the summer, Horizon Air will offer new nonstop jet service between Portland and Missoula, complementing Horizon's year-round service between Seattle and Missoula.

Portland-Missoula (eff. June 8-Sept. 7, 2003)
Flight 2430 Departs 12:40 p.m. Arrives 2:55 p.m.

Missoula-Portland (eff. June 8-Sept. 7, 2003)

Flight 2429 Departs 3:25 p.m. Arrives 3:50 p.m.

Horizon will also add a third daily flight from Seattle to Fresno and a third daily flight from Seattle to Billings for the summer. In addition to nonstop service from Seattle, both Billings and Fresno are also served by Horizon now with nonstop jet service from Portland.

All of Horizon's new service will be operated with state-of-the-art, 70-seat, CRJ-700 regional jets.
Old Mar 17, 2003, 1:33 pm
PSC 1K

Sounds great for SEA-PSP. My parents live in the PSP area. The trip in summer - via AA LAX-PSP is terrible! To bad they didn't have the flight leave SEA a little earlier so the turn could as well. If it left around 1030 I could make an earlier connect back to PSC. Is this an F28 or CRJ?

Old Mar 17, 2003, 3:23 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PSC 1K:
Sounds great for SEA-PSP. My parents live in the PSP area. The trip in summer - via AA LAX-PSP is terrible! To bad they didn't have the flight leave SEA a little earlier so the turn could as well. If it left around 1030 I could make an earlier connect back to PSC. Is this an F28 or CRJ?</font>
QX no longer flies the F28...the final A/C was retired last month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.