Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Way to view booking online

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2003, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Way to view booking online

I have a booking with AS and the AS web site won't display it. ("The reservation you selected cannot be displayed online. If you would like assistance call Alaska Airlines at 1-800-ALASKAAIR (1-800-252-7522).")

Is it likely to be available on any of the other PNR-viewing web sites?
Old Feb 28, 2003, 10:19 pm

It's usually due to a schedule change. Your record locator is automatically "flagged" during most schedule changes; a simple call will "unflag" the record locator and allow for online viewing and check-in. I have to do this about twice a month as I usually book several weeks in advance.

BTW, since you're in MEL, e-mail me and I'll get the record unflagged for you, or perhaps a helpful AS or Horizon person is around this weekend?

[This message has been edited by fredmartens (edited 02-28-2003).]
Old Feb 28, 2003, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fredmartens:
Just call 'em...</font>
Making international phone calls is kind of a pain to me, especially for something this trivial. If they are going to be that silly, it's all the more reason to find another site to look up AS itineraries on.

[This message has been edited by Kremmen (edited 02-28-2003).]
Old Mar 1, 2003, 1:17 am

I work tomorrow..if you want to give me your info, i'll fix it up for you.
Old Mar 1, 2003, 1:47 am

Does this unflagging work for e-tickets only or for paper tickets too?

I also have a reservation (paper ticket) with a schedule change that I cannot view or change online and I would like to change the seat assignment. How can I do this?

Thanks,

Hammer
Old Mar 1, 2003, 2:42 am
Original Poster

My gf phoned AS. The CSR couldn't work out how to make it visible online. Apparently whoever created the reservation misspelt my name (weird - you'd think they'd just take that from my FF data instead of risking mistyping something) and perhaps the name correction has done something to the reservation.

Edited to add: I'd be happy to give you the info, horizonair, but your email addr is invisible.

[This message has been edited by Kremmen (edited 03-01-2003).]
Old Mar 1, 2003, 3:31 am

email me at [email protected] with your info, and I will fix it.
Old Mar 1, 2003, 6:04 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by horizonair:
email me at [email protected] with your info, and I will fix it.</font>
I know this is for Kremmen only, but could you help me too if I send you my reservation data?

Hammer
Old Mar 1, 2003, 6:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
I got the same message when I had a ticket that had been reissued (issuing agent made an error and had to reissue) and had ended up with 2 ticket numbers in the PNR. When I called the MVP line they said they couldn't "fix" it so I could see it online because the system can't tell which ticket number to use. She said they can't delete the extraneous ticket number. Should this type of thing be fixable? I've been told it's not currently fixable by other reservation agents and the Web Help people in the past, but that they were working on it for the future.

Old Mar 1, 2003, 1:36 pm

I know a way around the reissue problem, but regular res agents would not be able to do it..Since I work at the ticketing desk, I have certain capabilities that other res agents don't. Anyways..anyone can feel free to email me
Old Mar 1, 2003, 3:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by horizonair:
I know a way around the reissue problem, but regular res agents would not be able to do it..Since I work at the ticketing desk, I have certain capabilities that other res agents don't. Anyways..anyone can feel free to email me</font>
Such a kind offer! Thanks.
Old Mar 1, 2003, 4:36 pm

BIG THUMBS UP FOR "horizonair"!

He really helped me out and changed the seat assignment for my ticket.

Thanks!

Hammer
Old Mar 10, 2003, 2:14 am
Original Poster

I still can't see my booking online under "saved flight reservations". I had been wondering if this would prevent my using web checking, but it doesn't.

Web checkin can see the reservation and list its details, even though the ordinary reservations area can't! What a strange way to program a web site.
Old Mar 16, 2003, 10:18 am

Just wanted to say "Thank you!" to Horizonair for also helping me with an online viewing, schedule change and seat assignment issue... it is very much appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.